Chapter 15

I pushed the back in of my second earing, and voila, I was ready. Grabbing my clutch purse off the counter, I walked out of the bathroom and to my bed where my scarf was resting. I hung it around my neck, then headed out the door, turning off the lights on the way.

  Ben was already outside the door, waiting for me. He was completely dressed to the nines. The pocket of the jacket of his tuxedo held a single, pink rose. His pants were sligthly tight, and the top three buttons of his shirt were undone. He looked totally drool-worthy.

  When I looked up to meet his eyes again, I noticed that he was still taking in my appearance.

  I wore a strapless, pink dress that came down to about mid-thigh. The top part of my dress was pleated and tight, though the bottom was looser, and ruffled down. My hair was pulled up into a fancy up-do, and I wore pink, shimmering eyeshadow on my eyelids. With eyeliner and mascara as well. TO top it off, I had shiny, peach colored gloss on my lips.

  Finally, Ben's eyed wandered back to my own.

  "Do I look okay?" I asked nervously. Personally, I had thought I looked at least sort-of pretty when I went over my appearance in the mirror. But what if Ben thought differently?

  "No, you don't."

  "Um, well do you want me to go change?"

  "No."

  "Then wha-"

  "You don't look okay. You look absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing. Stunning. Brilliant. There aren't anough words in the world to explain."

  I was left speechless as Ben folded me into his arms. Hugging him back, I tried to calm my racing heart. Did he really think all of those things of me? Me? The girl who just a few years previous had horrible acne? The nerd who people only wanted when there was a class debate, or a group project?

  Ben is amazing. And I love him.

  It was feezing cold outside, thankfully though, the limo was waiting right outside. As Ben and I made our way down the many steps, the chauffer opened the door for us.

  I could faintly hear I Would by One Direction playing from the speakers. Inside the limosuine, a girl who looked to be a couple years younger than me was jamming out.

  Confused, I turned my head to face Ben, then questioned him with my eyes.

  "That's Brooke, she's Justin's girlfriend."

  "Justin? Which one is he?"

  Ben grinned as he responded to me. "The one just younger than me."

  "Oh." I smiled too as we drew nearer to the vehicle.

  I knew that Zandy and Michael would be accompanying us, but I had heard nothing of Justin and Brooke coming along as well.

  When we reached the bottom of the steps, Ben and I went over towards the driver, then I slipped into the limo, followed by Ben, sitting across from Zandy and Michael.

  Brooke stopped her dance as soon as I sat down next to her. She was deffinitely a cutie. She had beach-blonde hair, green eyes, and a cute, shi-slope nose. She could model for any magazine.

  "Hello," she said cheerily, then held out her hand to me, "I'm Brooke, Justin's girlfriend."

  I held out my hand for her to shake as well. "I'm Eliza, Ben's girlfriend." At the words Ben's girlfriend, Ben snaked his arm around my waist, and gently tugged me into him. Possessive maybe, but it was perfectly fine with me. "It's nice to meet you."