🐇 Chapter Twenty Three 🐇

Start from the beginning

The house had six bedrooms all with inbuilt bathrooms and closets. My sisters study slash office was connected to the home library and the store room upstairs. Downstairs there was the kitchen, living room, gaming room, the laundry room and my personal favorite the gym my sister had personally installed for me.

I found my way into the kitchen and found Helena, the house keeper busy cooking. She was a short plump woman with a kind heart and always had a warm welcoming smile on her face. She noticed me immediately, turned off the gas and rushed towards me pulling me into a hug. Helena had been employed by my sister when we moved into the mansion. She was motherly and loved feeding us. She always did her job diligently and did way more than she was required to do. It was the reason we all loved her so much. She treated us like we were her own kids.

"Hi Helena. How are you?"I greeted when we pulled apart.

"I'm good dear, so happy that you're here. It's been so long. I missed you." She replied cheerfully.

"I missed you too."

"It's nice to have you back. You've actually added a little weight to those bones, that's a first. What are they feeding you there?"She asked inspecting me like any mother would.

"Meat, lots of meat."I replied chuckling.

"Well it's good to have you back. Lunch will be ready soon, you must be hungry after travelling all that way. Why don't you go freshen up and say hello to everyone else. Marini is in her office with Isaac and Amani will arriving soon with Jeremy."She informed me.

"Thanks Maria, I'll see you soon. I brought you a gift but I'll bring it down when I come for lunch."

"Okay my sweet girl."She said and went back to her cooking.

I turned around and walked up the stairs to the second floor where my sisters office was located. I didn't even knock, just barged in like I owned the place. It was technically a third mine anyway.

"Lulu is home."I sang with a cheeky grin on my face.

Marini was sitting on one of the sofas in her office shaking her head at me disapprovingly but she couldn't hide the smile on her face. Isaac was seated on the opposite sofa with a magazine in hand. His face lit up when he saw me.

"If it isn't the zoo keeper. Welcome home Lue."Isaac teased and I just scowled at him.

I dropped myself next to my sister and pulled her in for a much needed hug. She smelled like home, warm and safe. Marini was beautiful and I got jealous of how even at twenty eight she could so easily pass for being in her early twenties. She had curly brown hair, that she got from my mom, brown eyes, and an hour glass figure. Like me she was tall and stood at 5'7. Her dark melanin skin was always glowing and she had curves in all the right places.

"What no hug for me?"Isaac asked when I pulled away.

I just tossed a pillow at him that he ducked easily, cursed military training.

"What do you see in him?"I asked Marini.

"The baby blues."She replied referring to his eyes.

Isaac was interracial because his mom was black and his dad was white. He had blue eyes, tan skin and blonde hair that was almost never visible because he always shaved his head. He was heavily built, 6'5 and covered in tattoos. My sister Amani had been smitten with him when they first met, too bad he was too old for her. I'd seen him as attractive but I just didn't seem him in a romantic way. Now he was the annoying older brother who would get on my nerves for the rest of eternity.

"Yeah well that's just about the only attractive thing about him."I retorted and Isaac scowled.

"You're just jealous."He defended.