withdrawal symptoms 🥀

>Jungkook was told he didn't need antidepressants anymore, but he couldn't stop taking them. Which ended with him taking them at different times and skipping days, leading to meantime symptoms. What happens when Taehyung finds out?<
Mentions of-
•Close to drug addiction ⚠️
•Negative symptoms
•antidepressants

Requested by @tkcoding

If you're struggling with any sort of addiction, try and reach out for help. I know it is easier said than done, but it will get better. Stay strong ❤️

Jungkook stared at himself in the mirror. He was a mess. His eyes were red raw, his face was a porcelain white. There was a build up of sweat on the line of his face, meeting his baby hairs. There was no tears though. Absolutely no emotion. His lips were in a straight line. He had his hands gripping on the side of the sink, making his knuckles go a bright white.

Jungkook took a shaky breath and grabbed the orange tinted pill bottle which was hidden behind some unused shampoo in the cupboard. The pill bottle was labeled 'antidepressants'. Jungkook looked at the pills he wasn't supposed to use anymore, but he tipped them into the clammy palm and shoved them into his mouth. He gulped them down and rolled his eyes at himself in annoyance.

Jungkook had been on antidepressants for over a year now, however two months ago his psychotherapist told him that he no longer needed them. Jungkook was happy, so he stopped taking them. However 5 days later he was drawn to the familiar pill bottle. No he wasn't an addict, he was just finding it hard to withdraw from the pills, which are giving him negative symptoms. He spent the whole night sweating, shaking on and off, and feeling constantly worried. So to stop that he went to the cabinet to take the antidepressants once again, but he wasn't supposed to. This had been happening all week. He just couldn't bring himself to stop and he was struggling a lot.

Jungkook took himself back to bed and heard a ding on his phone. Jungkook tiredly grabbed his phone, and looked at the notification.

Taehyung 💗
Hey baby, I might be a little late tonight, but i'll come over as soon as my meeting has finished

Jungkook <3
okie, see you tonight!

Taehyung 💗
Love you 😘

Jungkook <3
love you too 🥰

Jungkook turned off his phone and fell back to sleep as his whole body was exhausted from the long night he had before. He felt a small butterfly in his dull stomach, as he thought about his boyfriend. He was his main source of comfort and happiness, and the only person who can save him from any harm.

...

It was late at night, very late in fact. Jungkook had a boring day, lazing around watching television. There had been no sign of Taehyung. Jungkook worried a lot and had sent him many messages but he didn't get a reply. He knew the elder was going to be late, but this was later than late. Jungkook had skipped the lunch time dose of pills, as he was trying to stop, but this only made him feel worse.

Jungkook was pacing around, nibbling on the skin of his fingers, tapping his foot slightly. He felt his stomach squeeze and he quickly bolted to the bathroom. His fingers began to shake once again and his fumbled his way to the cabinet. He grabbed the pills and shook some into his hands, more than he was supposed to. He was about to bring them up to his mouth. But he was quickly stopped by a low voice.
"What are you doing?" the low, yet worried voice screamed.

Jungkook's head swung to the side in horror and threw the pills into the sink. Tears filled his eyes for the first time in 3 weeks. His boyfriend was standing at the door in his work clothes, looking at the younger was a soft frown.
"Baby" Taehyung sighed, opening his arms out.
Jungkook stumbled into Taehyung's body.
Jungkook cried into Taehyung's work shirt, making small damp areas.
Taehyung ran his fingers through the back of the boys hair, and pressed a small kiss on his forehead, leaving it to linger for a while.

Taehyung picked the younger up and walked to the younger bed. Jungkook clung onto him for dear life, afraid that Taehyung will lash out or even leave him. Taehyung traced his fingers along the younger back underneath his tshirt, knowing that it calms the boy. As he guessed the younger's cries had calmed down and was only left with small sniffles.
"Sweetheart, how long have you been taking them for after being told to stop?" Taehyung asked with his soothing voice, to show that he wasn't angry with the boy.
"I-it began 5 days after being t-told not to take them anymore" Jungkook dug his face into the elders chest in fear.
Taehyung was quick to kiss the younger's head and pull him closer.

"Baby, withdrawing from pills like them are not easy, but taking them to suppress the negative symptoms will only make it worse. I'll help you okay, but you have to put all your trust in me" Tae tucked some hair around the younger's ear, using his index finger to caress his cheeks lightly.
"I trust you way more than I trust myself" Jungkook admitted in a hoarse voice.
"Okay petal, so what we are going to do is gradually lessen the amount of tablets each day till you're fully off them. I'll take a holiday off work as i'm still owed one. This will mean i'll be here full time and can distract you when your negative symptoms come. I won't take no for an answer"
Jungkook looked up the older and kissed the bottom of his chin.
"Thank you" Jungkook sighed and snuggled into him more.

Taehyung ran his fingers through the boys hair until Jungkook dozed off to sleep. He pressed a kiss on the younger's head before wriggling off the bed. He walked to the bathroom and grabbed the bottle of pills and checked around the rest of the bathroom to see if he could see anymore. He found one more bottle before taking them to some place where the boy wouldn't be able to find them. Taehyung then sent an email to his employees that he was going to have a months break meaning his deputy would instead take his place for the time being. He then went online and ordered a few things which would help the younger to stop the urge of wanting the pills, for example fidget toys, lolly pops to eat instead of having pills and a few other things.

He went back to bed and pulled the younger into him, wrapping his arms around the boys body and holding him close. Taehyung swore on his life that he would do anything to protect his boyfriend, and that's what he would do, even if it was because the boy struggled with withdrawal from pills.