Unintentional 🥀

>Jungkook spent the night out with friends and left his husband worried sick. But this ended up with someone getting a slap, a slap which wasn't intended<
Mentions of-
•PTSD
•small mention of death
slapping, but is NOT abuse

Jungkook was late. Very late. He had gone out with some friends he hadn't seen in a while and he promised his husband that he would be back by midnight and it was currently 2:30am. Jungkook completely forgot about the promise he made to his husband. Taehyung was a big over thinker. He assumes the worst straight away and that's all because of his past. His brother got in a car accident late at night when he was due home, and ever since he's always made sure that Jungkook was home at a certain time so he wouldn't worry. He was also a very clingy man, he wanted Jungkook in his arms 24/7 and again it was because he was afraid that if he let go, Jungkook would disappear.

Jungkook crept into the house silently, slowly locking the door behind him. He kicked off his shoes and crept to the kitchen as he was in dying need of a drink. He turned on the light and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge, gulping it down as quick as he could.
"Where have you been?" A voice was heard from the dark hallway.
The body finally emerged into the kitchen light as he stepped closer to Jungkook. Jungkook looked up and saw that his husband had red, puffy eyes, and tear stained cheeks. That's when it suddenly hit him, Jungkook realised the mistake he had made.

"Hyungie I'm so sorry, I didn't keep track of the time. I'm so sorry" Jungkook felt a lump form in the back of his throat.
"I've been worried sick, I've been ringing you for the past hour and a half. I-I thought I lost you" Taehyung said trying to hold back his tears.
"Tae, I'm sorry. Jimin told us to turn our phones on silent" Jungkook silently spoke as he grabbed his phone out his pocket.
He turned his phone on and saw that he had 113 unread messages from hubby 💗
34 missed calls from hubby 💗
Jungkook's heart stung. He didn't even think about how Taehyung must have felt. It must have been so hard for him to even agree to the boy leaving for a late night gathering. Nevertheless Taehyung agreed as Jungkook was so excited and he didn't want to spoil the boys fun.

"I should have watched the time, I shouldn't have even agreed to go to the late night meet up. I didn't even think about how worried you must have been. Taetae I don't think I could iterate how sorry I am" Jungkook said feeling a little sick from how sorry he felt.
"I-I thought the worst happened to you. All I could think about was my brother, and how he never returned after his party. I remembered the call I got early in the morning from the hospital telling me that he had died. Then my thoughts switched to you, I pictured you in an accident. I tried to sleep but the image of you dead on the floor, didn't leave my mind. I thought I had lost the love of my life. I'm nothing without you. I'm probably making you feel so bad, that's not my intention. I want you to be happy, I don't want to stop you from having fun with your friends all because of my stupid ptsd! You're probably fed up of my clinginess. You'll probably want to divo.." Taehyung waffled on, saying all his dark thoughts and feelings but he was cut off, with something hitting his cheek.

Jungkook slapped him.

Taehyung immediately stopped and looked at Jungkook who had tears gathered in his eyes. Jungkook was never one to hit or kick, he hated the thought of relationship abuse. He's never ever slapped Taehyung before. But the slap wasn't because he hated Taehyung or because he wanted to physically hurt him. He just wanted the boy to stop his train of thoughts. It was getting darker as he dragged on and Jungkook didn't even want him to finish the last sentence.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. You are my husband, and I married you because I love you. I love you so fucking much. Never, ever doubt my love for you. I'm sorry I worried you, I really am. I'm so fucking sorry, I didn't think about your worries, I completely forgot and that's my fault. I know you're not trying to blame me or make me feel bad. But I don't want your thoughts to spiral any further than they are. Do not blame yourself your your ptsd, and don't think you're stopping me from happiness or seeing my friends. I can see them during the day when ever I want, and you're my happiness" Jungkook snapped as he shuffled further and cupped his husbands wet cheeks. He looked straight into his eyes, they too were filled with tears.
"I love you, and I'm safe. I'm here standing in front of you. I'm not leaving you, or going anywhere. I'm right here. Now don't think about me being dead because I'm not. I'm not leaving you" Jungkook finally finished.
"I love you" Taehyung cried not knowing what to say.

Jungkook pulled his husband into his embrace. He felt the elder dig his face into the junction of his neck. Taehyung let out loud cries as he felt so much relief within him. His arms around the younger's waist were tight. Jungkook had an arm on the boys back rubbing it slightly, while the other hand was on the back on Tae's head, his fingers running through his hair.
"It's okay" Jungkook sweetly spoke, whose heart ached hearing the elders cries.

Till finally Taehyung's cries had died down. Jungkook reached out his arm to grab the water bottle from earlier, which still had a bit of water left.
"Hyungie you need a drink otherwise you'll get a headache later" Jungkook kissed Tae's shoulder and pulled away from his embrace. Taehyung kept his arms around Jungkook and looked down at the floor. Jungkook placed a hand on the elders cheek, making him look up from the floor. Jungkook brought the bottle up to his lips and tipped the water into his mouth, which Tae quickly swallowed. He put the empty bottle on the counter and faced Tae once again. Taehyung leaned down and pressed his lips onto Jungkook's. Their lips moulded together and drowned out any sadness they held.

They pulled away and looked at each other's puffy eyes.
"Let's go to bed" Jungkook called, holding onto Tae's hands.
Taehyung wasn't much of a talker when he was sad and Jungkook didn't mind. Instead the elder showed his affection physically. So the kiss for instance, it showed Jungkook that he loved him and that he was sorry.

They walked upstairs to their room hand in hand. Jungkook quickly got dressed, while making Taehyung go to bed. When Jungkook was finished he got into bed. Taehyung was quick to pull Jungkook into his embrace. They snuggled down together and faced one another. Jungkook pressed a kiss on the elders cheek where he slapped him a while ago.
"I'm sorry for slapping you" Jungkook admitted, he hated that he hit him.
"It's okay, I probably would have said something I would have regretted, so thank you so slapping me" Taehyung husked out in a low voice, resting his head against the younger's.
"Sweet dreams hubby" Jungkook kissed him one last time before they both fell into a deep slumber.

The next day Taehyung didn't let Jungkook out of his hold. He had his arms around the boy the whole time, and Jungkook didn't complain. They shared sweet kisses, cuddled all day, and repeated apologies to one another.