Chapter eleven - Concert

Start bij het begin

"Yes i´m coming," going out of school on Friday is always a great feeling. We got into your car and I fasten my seatbelt when you began to drive off and in totally other direction than our houses.

"Can you tell me now where are we going?" i began to beg you like that morning.

"Nop," you popped the 'p´ and moved your eyes back to the street. We took a few turns left and right and then I saw the parking lot of the near lake.

"You´re taking me to the lake?"

"Yes, just wait. There will be a little more than you think," you killed the engine and got out off the car just to open my door like a gentleman. You locked your car and then you run down to the lake but not without taking my hand first.

From the distance I saw a blankt laying there with a basket. It couldn´t be for me I thought first but if you head in exactly that direction. I was out of breath when we got there and it was breath-taking that you did somehing like that. You must have read my face wrong because you began to stutter "Do you hate it? When can go to the next restaurant if you want or just eat at home. I thought it was a great ide and you would..." but you couldn´t get out more because i gave you a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. It´s so nice and I absolutely love it. It´s the best idea ever."

You let out a sigh of relief and we sat down. You opened the basket and showed me the sandwiches and a salad.

"I mad ýour favourite sandwiches and I also have a salad if you want. and here I have a coke or do you want water?"

"Thanks. I will take a coke and first the sandwich. Later I´ll eat the sandwich," you passed it to me and we ate in silence. Looking around and observing the beautiful swan near the water and just enjoying the envirement.

"Do you want the salad now or another sandwich?" I just finished my first one.

"i´ll take some salad," you immdiately took the salad out and gave it to me.

"here you go."

"Thanks."

"You´re welcome," you were always so politely, "i have another surprise for you."

"What is it? Please tell me. Don´t say you have a surprise and then let me wait again, please," i responded but you had already your hands in your pockets and searched for one certain thing. One can saw when you found it because your eyes light up and you put your hands out of your pocket and passed me a oblong packet wrapped up in some paper with birthday cakes and candels on it.

I hugged you. "You haven´t seen it yet so don´t be thankful maybe you think it´s afwul and you didn´t like it," you stated.

"But I´ll always like the things I got from you because it´s from you," i began to unpack it and then I saw two concert tickets for fall out boy. One of my favourite bands. I knew there were on tour and in the near that evening. I just stared at them for a while because i couldn´t bring out one single word.

"Do you like it?I thought you would love it," you looked at me but it was stunning, "maybe I should have got something else. We can give them to someone else and I will get you another present if you don´t like...."

I gave you a bear hug. "no, its perfect. I absolutely love it. Thank you." You laughed in relief and I saw your wrinkels under your eyes and your dimples. I couldn´t resist so I pocked my finger at your dimple and it mad you laugh a little more.

"That´s good. The concert is in two hours and maybe you will chance from your school uniform in much better fitting clothes before we go there."

We packed our things and head home.

~~~~~~~

We jumped back into your car. I decided to wear a black skinny jeans and my fall out boy shirt and you just wore your usual clothes, a black skinny jeans, black vans and a black v-neck with some holes in it. We were running a little late but you managed to keep us there in time.

The concert was really good and they played one of my favourites songs the phoenix and centuries. We danced along the music and enjoyed beng there together. You dreamed about meeting them and talking with them but we didn´t got the chance. There we could never imagen that you would actually meet them a few years later and be as famous as them. I know they are still more famous than your band but I thing this will chance in two or three years when everybody knows you.

It was late at night when you took me home but I could convince you to stay until I´m asleep because it were my birthday. You first said no and told me you had to go home but after I gave you the puppy eyes for a minute, you gave in and texted your mom that you were staing at my place. We talked all night long, about the concert, how school was going, what we wanted to do in the future. In that you told me that you would like to be in a band, write songs, become famous and make music all day long. Cause that would be just amazing. You had this sparkle in your eyes but you could always saw that you thought this would never happened. And look were are yu now. I wanted this for you and I absolutely love that you achieved that goal but sometimes I think it would be better the three boys never called you and you would be by my side. I know it´s selfish but I really miss you.

In the early morning hours I fell asleep to your beautiful voice singing to me some random song i didn´t knew. You stayed at my place until i woke up later that day and you were laying by my side, sleeping.

I have to thank you for that amazing birthday. Everything was just perfect to me. You are perfect to me.

Please call me or write me back.

I miss you dearly.

Yours sincerely, Brooke