Epilogue

A smile ghosts across my face as I was looking at the letters and the little pictures from a filmstripe. There were about eighteen pictures of Brooke and me and on each we were smiling or laughing. I love to read the letters over and over. Her neat handwriting was so beautiful and the cursive letters were some work of art which inspired me every time.
"Dad! Dad!" my little daughter Celine screamed through our home. The three year old run around in the house until she finds me in my bedroom.
"Dad? Lunch is ready, are you coming?" she looked at me with her beautiful little brown eyes and raised her eyebrowns.
"Yeah, of course. Just a second," I gave her a small smile and began to fold the letters back together.
"Hurry up, otherwise the food will get cold or you won't get something, because we'll eat everything," she is already to sassy for her age and she remembers me a little bit of her.
She runs away and I stand up and go to the kitchen, that is downstairs. The sun is shining through a big window and I can see Celine and my wife sitting at the table and waiting with patience for me so that they start to eat.
Celine tells us a story about her kindergarten and doesn't regonize that I wasn't really listeing, while my wife sees that I zoned out for a little while.
"Ashton?" I didn't hear her voice, I was to deep in my thoughts.
"Ashton? What's up?" my wife was looking at me with concerned eyes and she takes my hand in hers.
"Nothing. I'll tell you later," she nods and let it go for now.
Celine tells us another story before she finally finishes her plate which was half an hour later, because she always forgets to eat while telling us something.
"Celine you can watch some TV if you want," I offer her so I could talk with my wife.
"Yes," she jumps up and down and runs to the living room where our Flatscreen is.
"So Ashton, what's up?" we were making the dishes as she begins to asked me.
"It was five years ago, today," my wife didn't say anything and just hugs me tight.
"It's just that I really miss her. I wish I had a chance to tell her that I wanted to contact her and didn't forget her. I missed her all the time during the tour and she thought I forgot her," a few tears were streaming down my face and I buried my face in her neck.
I love Lara with all my heart. I couldn't have a better wife or mother for my child, but I could never forget Brooke. She was my everything and I'll always remember her. I was depressed for weeks after she died in the hospital and the only time I was outside was at the funeral. After several weeks my bandmates tried to take me outside and distract me which worked after a while and I continued to live my life and met Lara and she got pregnant after a year. Three months before she gave birth to our little daughter we got married at the beach.
I went on tour when Celine was one but this time I had my phone and could keep in touch with them.
Our next tour will be in two weeks and I'm very excited but I'll miss my little family.
Brooke will always be in my heart and I will always miss her no matter what. She begins to fate away from me, but I write everything down about her to remember her even when I'm old and can't walk anymore. She was and is the love of my life.
The End.
I hope you liked my book. Please vote and comment! xx
And thank you for taking the time to read my book!
Michelle