🦢 | sibling bonding time ?

kang haneul

i look at the calendar that sat on my desk, notebooks neatly stacked on the corner, stationary on the other. the notebook on the center was wide open, messy scribblings written and drawn on blue ink. 

novels lined up on my cabinet, with spaces that were created when i pulled one out to read, their covers leaning against each other.

"one week left before we return to class, finals, and the festival." i say, shifting on my seat, a guitar on my lap and began to sing the song, that i had to perform.

"watch as she stands, put your arm 'round her shoulder,

now i'm getting colder.

but how could i hate her? she's such an angel. but then again,

kinda wish she were dead."

"why am i such a crybaby?"

i laughed silently, wiping the tears rolling down my face. i looked out my window, seeing the sunrise as i woke up early, suddenly finding inspiration to finish the lyrics.

i sniffled and looked at the clock, smiling. i laid the guitar on my bed and went straight to soobin's room.

"maybe some sibling bonding would help..?" i knocked lightly on his door and entered his room. i approached his sleeping figure and tapped on his cheeks to wake him up.

"sibling bonding time?" i whisper to the half-awake boy.

he immediately sits up from his bed, squealing, and his hand in the air. i ruffled his hair, and kissed his forehead. he giggles and kissed my cheek.

"get ready, okay?"

he nods, and rushed to his walk-in closet to pick an outfit, like the fashionista he is.

i laughed and quickly took a shower and dressed in a simple oversized gray wool turtleneck with my blue washed jeans and white shoes.

i made my way downstairs and began to make waffles. i heard him go downstairs as i was setting up the table, placing the two plates down with two waffles each but three for soobin.

"waffles!" he cheered, and began to eat them. i chuckled at the boy, and cleaned up after we finished eating.

we walked out the house, and walked to the garage.

i laughed as he struggled to open the car's door. "noona, help me..!" he whined and stomped his little feet, and grabbed my arm.

opening the door, he immediately climbed on and wore the sunglasses that were on the dashboard.

i sat on the driver's seat and started the car, laughing at his silliness.

"where to, sir kang?" i said in a serious voice, pretending to be his bodyguard.

"to the ice rink, my dear noona!" soobin giggled, his arm pointing forward and the other on his hip, and the sunglasses hanging on his nose.

"aye aye, captain!"