🦢 | can you introduce me to her ?

lee jeno

i walked to school with haneul and soobin today. but it seems off, haneul was awfully quiet while we walked to school.

that bothered me too much.

now, i sat inside the office with her. she was writing on the papers and i got bored and just stared at her.

"do you need to ask me something, jeno?" she starts not looking up from the papers, she must've noticed that i was staring at her.

"you looked off while we were walking..." i say, concerned about my best friend.

but she just laughs it off, looking at me. "don't worry about it. okay, jen?"

she grins and i nod at her, copying her grin.

"you said you wanted to ask me something the other day. what was it?" she asks me and didn't look up from her papers again.

i was confused for a while then i thought about it, then it came back to me.

"ah! you're classmates with jeon miyu, right?"

she suddenly stops writing, "yeah, why?"

"can you... introduce her to me?"

i said slowly, and noticed her grip on the pen tightened, but why would she react like that?

i looked at her and there was an unrecognizable look on her face, the look on her eyes looked familiar but i couldn't fully guess what it was. nevertheless, her eyes softened and she nodded. the grin on her face was back.

"so, when did you start liking her?" she teased me, cooing.

i started to feel embarrassed under her gaze, and i was terrified to meet hers.

"l-last we-week..." i stutter, making me more embarrassed. i wanted to bury myself right now.

she laughs and shook her head.

"wow, that long already? don't worry, i got you." she replies, making my eyes widen.

"r-really?!" i said in disbelief.

"of course! anything for my best friend!" she happily said.

i stood up and made my way to her and held her in a hug, and i was basically kneeling while giving her a hug. "thank you, hannie!"

she tensed up but eventually relaxed and laughed it off, lightly patting my back.

"aww, you're very welcome jeno."