🦢 | maybe next time

lee jeno

the weekend passed by smoothly and i walked to school alone today, but usually i would walk with haneul and soobin and i guess they went off without me, that's a bummer.

then it clicked to me, today is soobin's school play. meaning no classes, but there's still school? a smile danced on my face as i went to the elementary building and walked to his classroom.

"soobin!" i called out, waving to him outside his classroom.

his eyes lit up and immediately ran to me, i crouched down to his level.

i grinned, looking at him up and down to see him wearing his costume.

"why didn't you tell me that you got the lead role?" my mouth hanged open, recognizing the costume as the main lead costume.

"it was supposed to be a surprise, hyung!" soobin giggles and starts to jump. his giggles were so cute, that you'd immediately smile whenever you heard them.

"oh, your teacher is calling you!" i heard his teacher calling for him and i stood up.

"by the way, where's your sister?" i ask the boy before he got inside the room.

"she's in her office, hyung!" he replies then waved goodbye to me.

i waved goodbye and then head to his sister's office.

i knocked and heard a 'come in.' entering the office, i saw haneul and june doing paperwork.

"hey, hannie! hi june!"

they both look up and greeted me back, and immediately went back to their paperwork. i sighed and haneul shot her head up and looked at me worriedly.

"what's wrong?" she asks, putting down her pen.

"you guys should take a break," i suggested, seeing bags on their eyes.

"we're already excused from classes because of this and we don't really have enough time before the principal calls us."

june sighs and lets her head bang on the table, with haneul doing the same. i laugh out loud, and removed the papers in front of them.

"you guys really should," i urged them to, seeing them tired didn't sit well with me.

"and today's soobin's play!!" i smiled from ear to ear, i was sure that my eye-smile was already seen by the two.

"yeah! let's go!" june squeals and drags haneul up and out the office, with me following suit.

the two best friends walked ahead of me, june running with her hand holding hanuel's.

i laughed and closed the office door, and rushed up to them.

'i forgot to ask haneul about her.. maybe next time..'