🦢 | unrequited love

kang haneul

my deep thoughts were cut off when, ms. lee, our homeroom teacher, called my name.

"ms. kang, i want you to sing for the festival, is that alright with you?" our homeroom teacher began and cheers erupted from the class, they knew that i could sing, play instruments, and even write lyrics.

even june who sat beside me, began to squeal and shake the soul out of me. they began to chant my name over and over again, and already felt my face reddening.

i shyly nodded, and she clapped. "there's a theme!"

"it's about heartbreak or unrequited love! and you're also required to write your own lyrics!"

the class became much more lively after knowing that i have to write lyrics, and when i do, it hits the spot. i know they're exaggerating when they hear those lyrics, but i thank them for liking it, and that i could convey what they really felt.

i thought about it until our homeroom teacher asked excitedly, "are you up for it?"

i made eye contact with our teacher and nodded.

"great! i'll let you guys out early today, since all of you did very well on your midterms which was months ago, and i couldn't care less if i'm not supposed to let you guys out early today!"

we all laughed, "wE STAN MS. LEE"

"be sure to study for your finals though!" she adds, before exiting the classroom and most likely heading to the faculty room.

the cheers were nonstop, and everyone began packing to go back home.

june and i couldn't go home though, instead we made our way to the office to finish up paperwork and ordered delivery food.

one of the many perks of being student council president, and besides it was only going to be for today. 

they were surely going to let it slide, knowing that we were already graduating in a few months. so why would they stop us from making more memorable moments.

might as well take advantage of it, before i go.