Chapter 29- Christmas Eve

Start from the beginning

"Marlee pushed me, it's not my fault!" Theo whines, stuffing an entire pancake in his mouth. Bri roll hers eyes and flicks him. "What?" He mumbles, swallowing his food.

"That's disgusting."

"I was going to fall, better you than me." I tell him, leaning against the counter. "But you don't have to worry about that, I'm not gonna go."

"Why not?" Connor asks me, he was still in his pajamas from last night.

"I think I'm coming down with a cold. I'm just going to go home and sleep." I lie, knowing I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

"You sure?" Miles stands next to me, one of his brows raised.

"Yeah, but y'all should go." I urge them.

"We could go to your house and just chill." Cam suggest hopefully.

"No, go skating. I wouldn't be able to sleep with y'all's loud asses anyways." I laugh or at least try but it doesn't sound right.

"If you're sure, I don't want to spent the night with Theo in the ER again anyways." Grayson chuckles, tossing his plate in the trash but missing and getting syrup on the floor. Sara gives him a exasperated look. "I'll clean it"

{~}

They dropped me off at the house before going to the skating rink which was a few minutes out of town. The house was quiet but moms car was in the driveway. "Mom?"

"I'm here!" She calls from her room. "I thought you were going skating?"

"I don't feel so good." I explain, sitting on the edge of her bed. Her hair was pulled back with a hair clip, she was dressed in a waitress uniform that had grease stains covering it.

"I'm sorry to hear that baby." She places a hand on my cheek, looking down at me with caring eyes. "We could watch a movie, I'm off tonight."

As appealing as it sounds to spend some time with mom, I couldn't. It's hard enough hiding this from all my friends but moms a totally different story. She could read me like a book.

Mother's instinct is very real.

"If it's okay I think I might go take a nap." I yawn, rubbing my eyes to get my point across.

"Of course, maybe when you wake up?" She suggest, undoing the necklace that she was wearing. I nod and stand up going to her door.

"Hey mom?"

"Yeah?" She turns to face me.

"I love you." I say softly. She smiles and walks over to me, kissing my head.

"I love you too sweetheart."

Of course I didn't take a nap. Instead I sat in my room seeing if there was a way to file a restraining order without telling your parents.

Spoiler alert: there's not.

I spent hours trying to find a solution that doesn't involve me telling anyone but I came up with nothing. My stomach grumbled and my eyes hurt from staring at my computer for so long. Getting out of bed, I leave my room.