14 - They're Multiplying

//Please read author's note at the end of the chapter. nothing serious, don't worry

"Okay, so what if... I throw a pebble at him," Wonho suggested to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun took out his phone. "Hold on, let me ask Kibum to read his mind-"

"Oh, god, Jonghyun, forget about your boyfriend's mind reading powers for a second!" Wonho yelled at him, slamming Jonghyun's phone down. "Clearly Kris is in a funk right now."

"More like being a bitch," Jonghyun muttered under his breath, shoving his phone back into his pocket. "Throw a pebble at him, see if he'll either not react at all or blow up on you."

The two of them were in one of the libraries in the stronghold, looking for a list of contacts that they had stored down here somewhere. Yifan also happened to be there, albeit a few yards away from them, and they had momentarily forgotten that he had the capacity to hear them.

Yifan was standing in front of one of the shelves, staring at the books stacked in front of him. They had no idea either what he was doing at the moment nor why he was here in the library (this place was fucking gigantic, how did they keep running into him), but what mainly confused them was that he was also barely moving.

Wonho took out a small pebble that he had had in his coat pocket for the past two days now and held it tentatively in his hands. "... Call your boyfriend and ask him if he can see into the future, I want to see what will happen-"

The doors of the library burst open, Jongdae t-posing. "HEY, IDIOTS, WE HAVE A SITUATION OVER HERE!"

Jongdae, despite being a good fifty feet away from them, was too fucking loud for their liking, and though they all had advanced hearing, Yifan didn't even flinched.

"Now what, Renjun tried to stab you again?" Wonho asked him. "Creepy shorty."

"R- no, I'm not talking about any of the teens, idiot, do you know where Lay and Luhan are right now?!" Jongdae yelled at them. "Course you don't- KRIS! MAN, PAY ATTENTION YOU TOO!"

The three of them stayed silent, waiting to see if Yifan would react. It wasn't until a few seconds later when Yifan turned to look at Jongdae, eyes widened in surprise as if Jongdae just suddenly appeared. "Hmmh?"

"Oh jesus fucking christ, Chanyeol! CHANYEOL!" Jongdae yelled, turning around to exit the library, leaving the other three in confusion.

"Hold on, man, what's going on with Yixing and Luhan?!" Wonho ran after him, not understanding the sudden commotion.

"I DON'T KNOW, THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING!"

Jonghyun watched the two of them leaving before taking a deep breath to stand next to Yifan. "Uh, so what was that about?"

Yifan shrugged, glancing at the shelf in front of them again. At the very top, there was a ginormous angel encyclopedia, one of the only of its kind, but Yifan was looking at the Cantonese original, not the Korean translation he and Jackson had made a while back. "I don't know, probably something stupid if Luhan is involved," he muttered. "He's making so many decisions he's going to regret."

***

Chanyeol ran as fast he could through the forest, his mind running a million miles per minute.

It was the same forest where they stayed underground for a while, just the four of them. Yifan, Chanyeol, Minseok, Luhan, just them four. Gosh, that felt like ages ago, even though it wasn't even a few months ago, but yet so much has happened in that small period of time that Chanyeol just didn't even know what the fuck was going on anymore.