Chapter 18 - Elvis & the Kiddos

Lunch was a little difficult to eat, at least it was for Elvis and Drake. As we sat at our small, four-sided table in the dining area of the hotel, people continuously came up to them wanting pictures and autographs. Of course, Elvis got more requests. So, maybe Drake was able to eat his lunch faster than Elvis did. His veggie soup grew cold, and his ham and cheese sandwich with tomato and lettuce was sitting on his plate getting stale. He didn't seem to mind it in the least. He was perfectly happy greeting fans. That was so like him.

"He's been in town how long?" Drake asked me as an older couple about my parents age stood with Elvis and did selfies, and then asked someone to take a full picture of all of them. Drake sat on my left while Elvis's seat was on my right.

"This is his fifth day so far," I told him after sipping the last of my raspberry lemonade. My food was already gone. Mr. Vontain and I munched on our food as we watched the boys greet their fans, just like someone would much on things while watching a movie. "It's hard to believe that since so much has happened within that time. I haven't had this much excitement in a week than... well, I haven't had this much excitement in one week period. My life has been pretty boring up until now."

"Teaching kids from Russia isn't boring, right?"

"It's fun, yes, but the classes are only an hour long, and they happen only two times a week. It's no wonder why I'm still living with my parents."

"Maybe you can become Aaron's manager and start making the big bucks," Mr. Vontain put in. "You basically are his manager, anyway. You brought him to fame. That's what mangers do – they do what they can to bring more fame to their star."

Elvis was already famous, and certainly not by my doing. Well, maybe I helped make The Living Elvis famous, just not the actual Elvis. That was all Colonel Tom Parker. "I'll just stick to my teaching job, thanks. Once all this COVID stuff dies down, I'll start teaching at an actual school."

"I don't think it's going to die down anytime soon," Drake commented.

"True. Then I guess I'll be at my parents' place for a little while longer."

"Nothing wrong with that." He stared at me for a moment, a cute little smirk on his face. I noticed. "Sorry, it's just... you're really pretty. I don't know whether to look at you or Aaron."

We both did so as more people came up to him. I had to smile at Drake's complement. "Thank you, Drake, and... honestly, I thought you were going to faint at the sight of him. People online are thinking that he's a clone, a reincarnation, the real Elvis from the past, you name it."

I said the last one on purpose. It seemed the most unbelievable out of the three, even though it was true. Drake said, "You know, I almost did  faint when I saw him. All the blood rushed to my head, and I, for a small second, thought I was looking at the real Elvis. Man, if that were possible, and I got to meet him by some miracle, I think I would literally die."

"You would gush over how much you love him and look up to him, you would faint, and then you would die," Mr. Vontain corrected. "You wouldn't know what to do with yourself."

Drake laughed at that and agreed with his manager. I looked between Drake and Elvis a few times. Drake was another one of those few people who should know that Elvis was himself, not an impersonator. I thought Drake was going to instantly know that Elvis was Elvis, but like everyone else, he thought that "Aaron" was just a really good impersonator.

But... for a second, Drake thought he was looking at the real Elvis. Maybe we could work off of that and tell him the truth, and soon, so he was not left in ignorance. He met his idol - he sang, danced and played guitar with him. He needed to know before any more time passed.