Chapter 13 - Mall Show pt 2

This chapter will have quite a few songs in it, since he's essentially doing a concert.

~ ~ ~

I had kissed girls before, for films and out of them, but none of them gave me the kind of jitters that kissing Hannah gave me. Before, I just thought that feeling weak in all your limbs was just talk from books and films, but after feeling Hannah's sweet soft lips on mine, I realized that it wad real. I wanted to turn into a puddle. Stupidly asking her if I could kiss her was a good idea after all - I had never done it before, so I wanted to try it. It paid off. And yeah, the kiss may had not been in a secluded area like that hallway, but it sent my heart dancing, dancing more than I would for the show that I planned to do.

Boy, would I be distracted. Would it be too much to ask Hannah to hide from view so I wouldn't goof up the words to the songs or hit a wrong note on the guitar?

"Here, try these on, too," Hannah said and put another bunch of clothing in my arms as we were in a store called Old Navy. I already held a pile tall enough to hit my chin. I could barely see over the top of the pile.

"Uh, are they gonna allow me to take all of these in one those little dressin' rooms over there?"

"I can throw stuff over for you."

I chuckled at her excitement. I was like her doll that she was dressing up. Made me think of my song "Lover Doll" from King Creole. That was taken in a store selling jewelry, accessories, and other things that woman loved. This store didn't seem all that different, only it was all clothing. I was seeing many girls around my age browsing around and giggling at the clothing they were holding up to each other. No matter what decade you were in, girls would go crazy over clothes.

I started singing "Lover Doll" to myself, my eyes on Hannah as she browsed through the men's clothing. She met my gaze as I sang, and she grinned, knowing exactly where the song comes from. If only I had the guitar with me, but I wouldn't be able to hold it anyway with all the clothes I was holding.

We walked around the store as I sang the song, and that caught the attention of other girls in the store, and they followed me around like puppies. Little did they know that I was singing this song because I was feeling like I was on the moon. Now I knew a bit about what the guy who wrote all my songs was thinking and feeling.

It was nice, singing something and really meaning the words. Would I sing other songs for Hannah that reflected my new feelings for her?

I finished the song and people around clapped. "Well, I would make a little bow for you ladies, but my arms are full."

Some of them giggled, and a few of them came up to me, asking about The Living Elvis, mostly the younger girls. What time was it? Was school out already? These girls looked to be around sixteen, or they could be nineteen or something and just looked young.

"We just had to make sure you're him," said one blonde girl with hair as short as a boy's, and she wore tight pants, but a loose red long-sleeved shirt. "You're popular all over our school."

"Am I?" I asked, brows raised, honestly surprised.

"Yeah. All the guys are starting to wear their hair like yours, and wear the outfits you were wearing in those videos."