Chapter 5 - A Fun Trip To Walmart pt 1

"Those cars are really somethin' else," Elvis commented as I drove us to Walmart that was about two miles away from my house. We were on the long stretch of road leading to the superstore, and we were passing some houses, a couple fields that were on sale, as well as some businesses, including the new vet. This road was the main road in Woodland way back then, the road that led up to Olympia, but then they built the freeway that runs right through the town, so people would use that to get to the state's capital and Seattle.

 This road was the main road in Woodland way back then, the road that led up to Olympia, but then they built the freeway that runs right through the town, so people would use that to get to the state's capital and Seattle

"They look nothing like the cars you see all the time, huh?" I asked.

"No, they're not. I wouldn't mind gettin' my hands on some of 'em, like that white one that just went by." He whistled in admiration.

Elvis was known to love cars and even had a car museum in Graceland. I always wanted to visit there and walk around the mansion and property, but that seemed moot since the star himself was sitting next to me in my humble car. I looked at the radio. We were still talking about the internet when we left the house, and I didn't turn it on.

"How about some music? We're almost to the store, but we have time for one song."

He gave me an amused look. "You're askin' me if I wanna listen to music? You know who you're talkin' to, right?"

I chuckled. "Fair point." I turned on the radio, and a rock song by an unfamiliar artist came on. "How about that?"

Elvis started bobbing his head to the beat. "I like it. Wish I had my guitar."

Oh gosh, if he had a guitar, he could perform little concerts at the house! "We can head into Vancouver and see if we can find a used instrument store and get a guitar for cheap."

He looked over at me, his blue eyes wide. "Hey, no, you don't need to do that. You don't even need to get me clothes or any other thing. I just wanna hit that electronic section you told me about. I wanna get my hands on some of the future music stuff that's available."

I chuckled again as we headed around a round-a-bout, then under both overpasses, the first being for the freeway, the second for the railroad that ran through our town as well. It more ran near the farmlands in the Flats down by the Columbia River. The second round-a-bout came along, and we rounded around that as well as Elvis still bobbed his head to the music. Gosh, he's cute!

"So, my music is the beginnin' to what's playin' now?" he asked.

"Basically. You paved the way for a lot of artists, kind of like the Frank Sinatra and all of those singers from the 20s did for you."

He nodded to that. "Yeah, it's true. I wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for 'em all."

I recalled a video from YouTube. "You want to know something interesting? A little tid-bit about your future?"

He shook his head. "I think I already learned enough."

I knew what he meant by that, and I hated the sullen look that etched his gorgeous features. I would kick myself for absent-mindedly pulling him up on Google as an example when I wanted to keep his future from him for a while. "But this you'll like. I promise."