Chapter 17 - Meeting Drake Milligan

Two hours later, we came into the front sitting room of my house. Literally everyone in the care center wanted to say hi to Elvis, Aaron as we always had to introduce him. I watched as he said hello to a lot of the residents who couldn't go to his little show. A few of them cried, others stared at him opened-mouthed and stunned, and a couple even asked if he was the spirit of the Elvis they knew about. Nonetheless, it was comical seeing their expressions every time he would walk into a room or would pass someone in the hallway. I caught all the encounters with my phone.

"Are you going to put those videos on the internet?" Elvis asked me as we went into the kitchen while Mom went upstairs. I got a glass out if the cupboard over to the right if the sink and went to the fridge and pushed the water button on it. Elvis stared at it.

"Well, that's nifty."

"It is. And to answer your question, I don't think I'm going to put those videos online. Those moments were far too personal. I'll just look at them when I want to smile."

"Look at 'em all the time, then. You have a beautiful smile."

He was such a charmer. It was adorable, and flattering since he meant what he said. "Thanks."

We stood there in the kitchen as an awkward atmosphere filled the room, and he shoved his hands in his jean's pockets. "So..." he started, and my pulse rose, knowing what he wanted to talk about. I prepared myself for it. I drank down the water in two large gulps and set the glass on the black granite counter behind me.

"We should talk about some stuff, huh?" I finished, and he nodded. "We've been so busy with things that we haven't been able to talk about what happened at the mall, but I guess that there's not much to talk about since you already know why I kissed you. You've probably been kissed by many girls before, not just the ones that you've been in movies with."

He took a few steps up to me, his blue gaze making my bones feel like jelly. "Yeah..." he said in a sexy low tone that I had heard him use in movies, "but none of 'em made me feel weaker in the knees than when my lips were touchin' yours."

He brought a hand up, and the whole left side of my face was overcome by with heat from his hand. My gaze wouldn't budge from his as he came closer, and my mind muddled with his presence and that cologne I bought him.

"Ya know, I've never kissed a girl after only a few days of knowin' 'er, aside from when I makin' my films. This is new to me."

"It's not every day that a star from the 50s travels thought time and wants to kiss me," I countered. "This is new to me, too."

He smirked cutely at that as I slid my right hand up the lapel to his suit jacket. He leaned in, but, of course, we heard loudly from the stairs, "Do you two want Chinese takeout?"

Irritation punched my gut. I loved my mother, and it wasn't her fault that she unintentionally interrupted, but seriously... "Oh gosh, that mother of mine..."

"It's like she knows that she's goin' to interrupt," he said in laughter. He was laughing about this? He stepped away from me as Mom came into the kitchen.

"So, what do you guys think?" she asked, and Elvis slammed his hands into his pockets. "Should I Doordash Chinese Garden?"

"Sure," I said, folding my arms over my chest, not too happy. Elvis noticed, but Mom didn't.

"Chinese Garden? Is that a local Chinese restaurant?"

"Yes, it is," Mom told him. "I love it."

"Sounds good to me. I've been to Chinese restaurants where I'm from, so I would like to try what ya all have here."