Chapter 10 - The Living Elvis

Oh my gosh, thank you all for the views! I'm glad that you all are enjoying my story! I'm trying to get a chapter out every day or two, so bear with me!

~ ~ ~

The moment we stepped through the front door after our day out, Elvis sat on the sofa against the window, got out the guitar, and started strumming it after putting the strap over his shoulders - I had to buy him that so the guitar was easier to hold. Mom came into room when she heard the guitar. Her grey-blonde hair was pulled up into a ponytail, and she wore her loose jeans and the WSU t-shirt I got her over ten years before- her home clothes. The smell of lasagna filled the air - dinner would be ready soon from the smell of it.

"Wow, you really got him one!" she said, coming up to us, and Elvis was strumming the solo guitar part from "Guitar Man." He's memorized it, amazingly, and in that short amount of time. What talent. Well, I read that he would learn things by ear when he was learning to play it as a teen, maybe it was not much of a surprise. Music notes flowed in his bloodstream.

"Of course I did. This one was a donation from a guy who had an injury and couldn't play anymore. It was only $200. Plus tax."

"Only $200?" She quirked up a brow.

"That's a pretty good deal since other guitars there were anywhere from one-hundred to 10,000 dollars, but most of them were around one to two-hundred. This one's used, so it was in the lower range."

"Huh." She pointed to Elvis. "You're really good, Aaron."

I cringed at that name. At least it was his middle name. He smiled at Mom. "Thank you, Sarah. It's nice to get my fingers on a guitar again. I mean, it's been only a couple days since I played one, but I still missed it."

Played it as he filmed the "King Creole" song before he arrived here. That's nuts! "Play a song, any song you want," I said.

"What do ya want me to play, Hannah?"

He always aimed to please. "Um..." I grinned when a song came to mind, the one I was just thinking about. "How about the song you performed literally before you came to town?"

He thought a moment, then smirked in his signature way. He knew what song I was talking about. He about started playing when Dad walked in from the front door near us. He immediately saw us there. He would be home since it was close to six in the evening. Elvis and I were gone all day, a lot of that time spent in Beacock's Music and Burgerville since there wasn't a Burger King around. Burgerville was more fitting for him since it was fashioned after a 50s burger joint. He had a great time fiddling with the jukebox and sang a couple of songs from it. That brought on another impromptu performance that people filmed. And, of course, many of them commented on his Elvis appearance. Haha, he was Elvis, people!

"Well, hello, everyone," Dad greeted us, head-to-toe in his work attire - black slacks and a deep blue shirt this time.

"Hey, Dad," I said and Mom gave him a quick welcoming peck after a "Hello, honey."

"I was informed that you two were out to get a guitar," Dad said, pointing to it. "It's pretty nice."

"You should've seen the performance he put on at Beacock's," I said. "I can show you both the video later, though. Elvis is going to play something for us." I bobbed up and down on my feet, excited.

"Calling him Elvis like everyone else, huh?" Dad asked.

"Of course I am! He doesn't mind it. Do you?"

I met gazes with him and he shook his head, knowing what I wanted him to say. "No, not at all. I thought I was Elvis, anyway, after I was conked out yesterday. Might as well keep it up since everywhere I go, people say I look like 'im."