~30~

The Outsiders

* * *

The Coopers. The Stepfords of Riverdale. High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty... Until Jason Blossom happened. And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance... Polly Cooper. How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart. How their break-up was short-lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together, to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

* * *

        Lia laid on her bed, sketching in her notebook as the sounds of the two teenagers from her brother's bedroom echoed into her room. Since she was right across from Archie's room, the sounds tended to enter her room even if the door was shut which annoyed her a ton. 

        They were playing some video game that consisted of men screaming and groaning and a lot of explosions and gun shots. Lia wanted to sleep but with Jughead and Archie shouting at each other and the video game that wasn't really an option. 

        "Come on!" Archie groaned and Lia slapped her notebook shut, rolling off her bed and opening her door. 

        "Will you two shut up?" She called and the boys giggled before Archie's door-that had been cracked open-fully opened. 

        "That depends on your mood, sis." Archie replied. 

        "Oh, my mood?" Lia countered, earning a nod back. Lia nodded slowly closing her door and rummaging around her room until she found a tennis ball. She quickly flung open her door and threw the ball as hard as she could, nearly missing her dad who backed up just in time and hitting Jughead's back. 

        "Ow!" Jughead exclaimed, rubbing his back as Archie laughed along with Fred. "What was that for?"

        "To show you my mood." Lia answered with a shrug before smiling at her dad and shutting her door again, going back to her bed and beginning to listen to their conversation. 

        "You settling in, Jug?" Fred asked. 

        "Oh, completely. It's like Archie and I are just roommates in a college dorm." Jughead responded at which Lia scoffed at. 

        "Oh, great. What does that make me, the RA?" Fred questioned. 

        "No, you're the third roommate." Archie corrected with a laugh. "Lia's the cranky next door neighbor."

        "I heard that!" Lia shouted. 

        "Hurry, shut the door before she gets another tennis ball." Jughead rushed and the sound of Archie's door shutting was the last thing that Lia heard. She shook her head with a laugh, putting her notebook away and deciding that she'd finally try and get some sleep.