~02~

The River's Edge

* * *

        Lia opened her locker, putting most of the things that were in her backpack into it. She had made sure she had all her books the night before so she wouldn't have to worry in the morning and she was happy she did that. She threw in some of her art supplies as well, putting some paints on the top shelf, along with some canvas's before putting paint brushes, pencils, and pens into a container that was magnetized to her locker door. The last things she put up were pictures, three pictures she loved with all her heart.

        She smiled as she gazed at the pictures, they were old ones, from when she was a kid. The first one was of her, Betty, and Kevin at an eighth grade dance, the second was of her and Archie at their 7th birthday with cake all over their faces, and the third was of her and her best friend of all time, Jughead Jones. They were at his tree house, hanging out the window with wide grins on their faces as they showed FP-Jughead's Dad and the photographer for the picture-their painted hands.

        Lia sighed happily at the memory, she hoped to see Jughead today but she never knew with his 'loner schedule' as he liked to call it. She was about to shut her locker when Reggie Mantle's voice caught her attention. 

        "Bro, you are READY for football, I'm not kidding you dude, you got ripped. Dude, you're beast, look at this arm, it's diesel. How much you benching, like 220? 225? You gotta give me some tips, man. Real men need their looks, right?" He asked and Lia looked over her shoulder to see him talking to Archie. She shook her head but was not ready for what he said next. "And your sister bro. She is a literal smoke show, even Chuck's a little sorry for dumping her. You better watch out of her because even I want to tap that." 

        "Gross, Reg, don't talk about my sister like that." Archie responded as Lia revolted at Reggie's words.

        Sure, she liked how she looked now. In fact, she had gained more confidence over the summer and after her and Chuck split. But she was also angry at the fact that Chuck had told everyone he dumped her when it reality it was her that dumped him. After the 'incident' back in June she couldn't stand to look at Chuck. He had sexually assaulted her at a party and threatened her saying that if she told anyone about what happened, her friends would pay the price. 

        So, she stayed quiet. 

  "Hey, Ophie." Kevin's voice greeted, drawing Lia from her thoughts and she looked beside her to her friend, Kevin Keller.

        "Hey, Kev. You look great." Lia stated, smiling at him as she shut her locker. 

        "Not as great as you. People are whispering about you, Ophie. People like Reggie and Moose, saying how hot you got." Kevin told her, following after her when she began to make her way down the hall. "People really have noticed you more."

        "Probably because of Archie. I mean, he got jacked over the summer so they were probably checking me out to see if i'd changed." Lia suggested before she changed the subject. "Where's Betty?"

        "Showing the new girl around, come on, let's go find them." Kevin said, grabbing Lia's arm and dragging her down the hallway. The two walked for probably another two-ish minutes before the familiar blonde ponytail came into view. There was another girl with Betty, the new girl as Kevin past stated.

        "So what's the social scene like here? Any night clubs?" The new girl's voice asked as Lia and Kevin got closer.

        "A strip club called the Hoe Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo." Kevin answered and the two girls turned to look at him and Lia as they joined them. Lia walked in time with Betty while Kevin got in front of them and walked backwards.