~11~

A Touch of Evil

* * *

        Lia cheered along with everyone as the marching band played. Her smile was wide as she looked around, she sat with her dad up in the stands waiting for the cheerleading performance and the football game to start. She looked around for Jughead, she asked for him to come but this wasn't really one of his scenes but she still hoped. Lia's smile faulted as she found her brother, talking to Ms. Grundy before walking off towards the side of the bleachers. Her eyes then went to what Archie was looking at, seeing Jughead standing discreetly off to the side. 

        "Hey, Dad, i'll be right back. I spot a rare Jughead Jones." Lia told Fred would laughed and nodded. Lia quickly stood and ran down the bleachers, going to the side as she did. She jumped last people before coming to the side of the bleachers, she hopped the fence that lined the side and landed behind Archie who was talking to Jughead. 

        "Quite the surprise entrance, Fifi." Jughead stated.

        "I'm full of surprises." Lia replied going to stand beside him as Archie's eyes fell on her.

        "Listen, Oph, i'm really sorry. I should've listen to you and Jughead but I am now. I'm coming clean to Weatherbee whether Ms. Grundy agrees or not." Archie said and Lia smiled, jumping up and putting her arms around Archie's neck and hugging him tightly. "Is this an "I forgive you" hug?"

        "This is a 'if you do this again i'll kill you but i'm proud of you hug'." Lia corrected and Archie nodded with a happy sigh.

        "It's better than nothing." Archie smiled and Lia let go of him, looking between Jughead and him to see if they'd hug or do something. 

        "We're not gonna hug in front of this whole town." Jughead laughed and Archie smiled, shaking his head in amusement. So why don't we both just do that bro thing where we nod like douches and mutually suppress our emotions?"

        "Yeah, but as friends, right?" Archie asked.

        "To be discussed, over many burgers, and many days." Jughead said and Archie nodded, going back to the field so he'd be ready to play.

        "Well, I think that was a job well done." Lia smiled looking at Jughead who smiled too before his eyes went to her outfit.

        "You look like Riverdale threw up on you." He stated. Lia looked down at her outfit, it was kinda true. She wore a bright blue cropped t-shirt with a flowy yellow skirt with white vans. She had also put the flower she had taken from Betty's bouquet into her hair again, it somehow looked pretty even though Lia did nothing to it. 

        "Hey, at least I don't look like i'm from the Addams Family." Lia shot back, making Jughead shake his head. 

        "Ah, ah, look." Jughead said, waving his finger at Lia before showing her the rose she gave him that was hiding in his hand that hung at his side.

        "Give me that." Lia ordered, grabbing the flower from Jughead before he could pull away. She reached up, going into her tippy toes and putting it behind his ear just like the first time she gave it to him. His was a little more damaged but it didn't matter because the yellow color still popped. "So handsome."

        "Gosh, you're gonna make me blush." Jughead smiled sarcastically and Lia rolled her eyes, shaking her head before grabbing Jughead's hand and dragging him to where Fred sat up on the bleachers so they could watch the game.