"Come on let's get you out of here!" Taehyung shouted out, and watched how the boy immediately nodded.
Taehyung ran to him and picked the boy up. Jungkook immediately clung to him and dug his face into Taehyung's thick heat protected suit. Taehyung held a hand under his thighs, while the other held the back of Jungkook's head.

Taehyung ran out the bathroom and sprinted towards the stairs. As he ran down the staircase the pair heard a loud thud coming from the side of them. The room they were once in had just been smashed by the roof falling straight through. Jungkook let out a terrified cry, tightening himself around the firefighter. Taehyung ran down the stairs and out the front door. Gasps were heard how he ran out just before the house fully collapsed.

Jimin, Yoongi and Hobi had put the fire out and the police were keeping the public back, while asking questions to the ex in the back of the police car. Yoongi came running over and pulled Taehyung's helmet off for him, as he continued to carry the boy. Taehyung could tell that the younger wasn't ready to let go yet. It happened quite a lot amongst the terrified victim, and they were trained how to deal with something like this. Usually they would try and reason with the victim to let go but Taehyung couldn't bring himself to do such a thing. He wanted to comfort the boy and try to be his source of comfort.

"Jungkook are you in any physical pain which you need an ambulance for?" Taehyung asked with a calmed tone, whispering almost to the fragile boy.
"N-no, I have a few b-burns but they can be treated with s-some cream" Jungkook sniffled.
"Do you have anywhere you can go to stay the night?" Taehyung then asked.
"N-no" Jungkook sobbed into Tae's shoulder.
"Okay well i'll tell you what, do you want to stay with me till you find a proper place. I have a spare room you can have, no charge" Taehyung rubbed the boys back softly.
"Y-yes please, t-that would be amazing uhm.."
"My name is Kim Taehyung, but you can call me Tae" Jungkook pulled away from Tae's shoulder and looked at the firefighter. "but of course, I should be finishing my shift now anyway"

A policeman came over and quickly checked over Jungkook and told him that they would need him to give them a statement within the next 4 days. Jungkook agreed and told them he'd do it as soon as possible. While Taehyung, was busy getting his kit off which was covered in black soot. The firefighter told his colleagues that Jungkook would be coming back to the station with them which they all agreed to.

When everything was cleared the 5 boys got into the fire truck and drove to the station. Once they arrived Taehyung finished a few things and then signed out to end his shift. He walked back to Jungkook and took him to his car, going back to Taehyung's house. The car ride was fairly silent, Taehyung wasn't expecting anything different. Jungkook must have been in complete shock, he couldn't imagine what he's thinking right now.

Once they got to Tae's home, Taehyung lead him in. It was a comfortable house, and gave a sense of comfort towards Jungkook. Taehyung showed him the shower and told him to get cleaned up as he was also covered in soot. Taehyung handed him some of his clothes and Jungkook thanked him before cleaning himself. In that time Taehyung also had a quick shower and dressed in comfortable clothing. He then grabbed the medical kit and went to the spare room which Jungkook will be having.

"Tae?" Jungkook called out softly.
"In here" Taehyung yelled, showing the boy where he was.
Jungkook walked in, drowned in his clothes, and his hair fully wet. Taehyung smiled softly and patted the bed for Jungkook to sit down.
"Here I've got some cream for your burns. I wouldn't be a proper firefighter if I didn't have a whole cupboard full of medical equipment" Taehyung chuckled, which also made the younger let out a small giggle as well.

"Can I?" Taehyung asked extending out his arm to the boy.
Jungkook nodded softly and let the other put cream on his wounds.
"Thank you" Jungkook muttered out with a soft voice.
"No problem now get to sleep, we can discuss about stuff tomorrow, you need some rest" Taehyung smiled softly standing up from the bed.
"Thank you for everything Tae" Jungkook whispered as he laid down on the bed, getting under the duvet.
"No problem Kookie, if you need anything during the night, my room of opposite yours, don't hesitate to come in" Taehyung made it clear to the boy.
"Thank you" Jungkook smiled tiredly, as he snuggled into the the pillow.
"No problem, good night" Taehyung sung, turning the light off and pulling the door closed, but enough that it wasn't fully shut.

...

During the night Taehyung heard the creek of a door and some small feet walking towards his room. He heard his door open, and small cough came from the person who walked in.
"T-Tae?" Jungkook called softly.
"Hey Kookie, are you okay?" Taehyung sat up, only seeing a small outline of a body in the dark.
"I-i can't sleep, can I sleep next to you?" Jungkook tiredly asked.
"Of course" Taehyung said with a soft tone.

He shuffled to the side and opened up the duvet in the free spot next to him. Jungkook walked towards the bed, and laid down next to Taehyung. Jungkook moved a little closer, and Tae hesitantly placed an arm around the boy. Jungkook moved closer, enough so that his face was just touching Tae's chest. Jungkook let out a small sigh and the two fell into a deep sleep as tiredness washed over them.