The mansion

Now I understand...why I had to wear black.
She fooled me. And I am a fool to think this wasn't a sick prank.

I put out my middle finger to wherever that hidden camera they put around this place is.
I hate people.

The fact they played a prank on me isn't that bad. But to take me to a graveyard.
That's just cruel.

Especially when it's where my mom is buried.
And they for sure know that.

I haven't been here since her actual funeral. I didn't like it at all. And I didn't know the address.

Unwanted memories would seep through my mind.
I turn away from the view. Stop it Nova.
Let's just call George to come and pick me up.

I fumble in my bag to pick up my phone. As my eyes fall to the ground. A silhouette is visible.

Not from a person. A really, big building. Surrounded by trees.
Was it here before?

I grip the phone and walk closer. Just before a little grey alley between two big trees. I push a few tree branches away. And a few miles in, a house was there. Or well...

The mansion.

I look back one more time. Hesitating.
But then I remember that I can't care less if I die.

We all die anyway.

The small path that looks small from the outside isn't really that small. When you enter, it gets really long and silence is everywhere.

The only thing disrupting are the crickets and my slow footsteps.
The house is now clear under the moonlight.

It's huge.
It sends cold shivers down my spine.
Not because of the feeling.

But because it's the same mansion I drew. Just a few days ago. I've never seen it before...how?

No choice now Nova. You've got to get in there. I wash away the knot in my throat and walk up the 3 stairs to open the white dusty door.

The door cracks. I almost cover my ears. It's definitely painful.
"Hello?"

What the-
Why did I say that? Nova are you trying to get yourself killed?
Don't be like those girls in horror movies.

I look around. It is huge. Why did I draw this place? Every footstep I took echoed around the empty halls.

It's completely trashed. Not like bandits trashing things but...like people left in a hurry?
I go out of the main hall and end up in the living room.

Portraits hanging on the rusty wall in a 45-degree angle. Pictures on the floor scattered everywhere.

All of them have the same person on it. A boy.
And all of them have something else in common.

The eyes aren't visible. After close inspection of a portrait I noticed that they put water on the face. Making the man unrecognisable.

And the eyes on the pictures were scratched out. Like...people did this on purpose?
Like...they wanted to erase this person from history.

It's a lavish house and the furniture looks really old. Who knows how many decennia it's been?
I crouch down.

Wanting to pick up a picture. Turning it to see if something's on the back. I need information.

But there are footsteps. Prints of footsteps. Someone has been here. Before me.

"Nova..."
"AH!"
I gasp, scream and run the other way. The way out seems like a marathon now.
Don't stop, don't stop, don't stop.

My breathing is getting thicker. Stupid fucking asthma. I collapse as soon I reach the main avenue.

I tumble over the bag, letting everything fall and take that goddamn puffer in a heartbeat.
After a few seconds, I lean onto the wall.

I turn my eyes to my shaky hand. It's still holding that picture. I need to find out.

Who are you?

Monday 09:27 am

"I know! The neon lights were the best part of the party!" the whole 'Lisa crew' came in.
Talking about amazing that party was.

Amazing it really was. So amazing that I haven't gotten single percent of sleep.
Lisa's eyes fall on me and she raises her hand.

Meaning that the crew needs to shut their mouths. They walk towards me.
It's too late to act like I didn't see her now.

"Well, well, well...Congrats! You find your way out of there!" She sounds so happy.

Happy to see me with dark circles under my eyes. I put down my pen and face her. The teacher just standing there.

"I find it pathetic that you find so much joy in seeing someone else in agony. Are you that insecure?"

The back of the class gasps. They don't know I talk back. But with what she has done to me? Never again.

"Shut your mouth or I'll take you to tha-"

"Announcement students. I want Lisa Campbell, her crew and all the students that were present at her party in my office! Your phones will be turned in and you'll face the consequences!"

Lisa's face goes pale after hearing principal Rochella's voice through the speakers around school.

I pack my bags, now standing in front of her.
"Well, well, well...Congrats! You find your way to the principals office!"

I say, mocking her. The favourite girl was now about to cry. I walk to the exit of the classroom and as the teacher tries to stop me, I say:

"Do me a favour. Shut up, will ya?"
She couldn't do anything. Rochella would never believe I said that.
And that keeps me in control.

I light up the cigarette and strut my way out of here.

Fuck school.

Author's note:

The first part of the REAL plot is getting started. My exams are done and vacay is starting! Meaning I'll feed you with content my lovelies ;)

Do tell me what your theory is up until now🤍 (if there are any questions don't hesitate to ask me and please tell me if the chapters are too short for your liking)