Darkness Awakens

Axle's POV

The sun was setting. I kept my black hood over my head. My eyes we still a deep yellow, but I could care less. I walked over to a large lake half a mile from the city. I needed some quite to think. 

I knelt down, "I am alone, Master." The wind started to blow and the trees shook. A dark shadow emerged from my chest. It was Revan. "Greetings, my apprentice." He laughed. I bowed my head, "Master, The Cultists can not stop me from killing them all." Revan laughed again, "Yes, there is no place to hide from us. But, we must be cautious. We must be discrete. The Jedi will come after us if we are sloppy with our movements." I nodded, "The Jedi will not stand in my way from getting my revenge on Kamara." "You will have your revenge, my apprentice. But, in order to keep our power, we must have support. We need an army. Under my rule, we will wipe out all of our enemies and gain more power." I looked away, "I'm not looking for that kind of goal. I don't want to rule the galaxy." Revan got closer to me, "Ruling the galaxy is not my intent. It would be a waste of time and would gain us hardly anything. An army will protect our faces from the public. They will do the dirty work while we lead from the shadows. That way, the Jedi are none-the wiser that we are behind the leadership." I stood up and turned away, "All I want, is to protect Ahsoka. Not to rule an empire." Revan sighed in frustration, "We will protect the one you love, but without an army we will be helpless to stop any threat that approaches her." "Last time I saw you, you made me see a vision of you killing her. How can I trust you?" I asked. "I am your blood." He replied, "I can not fulfill this task without another powerful being in the force at my side. I have no intent on betraying you." I turned back towards him, "Fine, so how do we recruit an army?" Revan laughed, "Chaos is the best motivator. If we cause chaos on this planet, some will join us out of fear, or they will join us out of hatred for the tyrannical government." "What must I do?" I questioned. Revan gave a sly grin. 

................................................................................................................................................................

Ahsoka's POV

I meditated in my quarters. So many thoughts ran through my mind. I just missed seeing Axle so much. I could still hear his soft heart beating and I could feel his breath blowing down my chest. I wonder what he's doing now. Probably something heroic. Or maybe something stupid. Most likely both. I laughed to myself. He does love to be an Anakin sometimes. At least Axle still has a brain unlike my Master. 

I tried to focus on Axle's presence. Something was a little off. It was harder to get a lock on his signature. It felt dark and cold. I started to get a little nervous. I saw him looking at me. His eyes were pure yellow. I gasped in fear as his eyes erupted in flames. I opened my eyes and panted. What was that? That couldn't be Axle. I closed my eyes again. I saw myself in a dark room. I was pinned against the wall. A green blade ignited in front of me. A dark figure outstretched his hand and started to force choke me as he slowly walked closer. I could hear myself begging in fear, "No. Axle, please. No. Axle, please don't do this. This isn't you. I love y......" Axle quickly slashed his saber across my chest. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground dead. 

My eyes snapped open. I had tears running down my face. Anakin quickly rushed in, "Ahsoka, are you ok!? I heard you scream." I placed my hands in my palms, "It's Axle. I think something horribly wrong happened to him. I saw something. He killed me." He gave me a hug, "It's ok, Ahsoka. I'm sure it was only a nightmare." 

Anakin's POV

I held Ahsoka tightly like she was my own daughter. I felt her trembling a lot. I didn't want to admit it to her, but I think she's right. I think something happened to Axle. I could feel the darkness. Ahsoka tried to hide her tears, "I'm scared for him. I want to see him again." I nodded, "I know you do, Snips. I promise you will soon."

Just then, Obi-Wan ran in, "Anakin, Ahsoka, you must see this now!" I looked concerned and Ahsoka followed me out. We entered the briefing room only to see almost every Jedi on the council there as well as other highly recognisable Jedi Knights. They all had shocked faces. I stared in horror at what I saw.

A transmission was on the holo-table with Axle standing in front of large flames and bodies. Several men stood in a line blindfolded. I could see so much hate in Axle's eyes. "You five are the Cultists who follow Kamara?" Axle asked. One of them shook in fear, "Yes." Axle turned to look at the camera. He ignited his saber and decapitated all five of them at once. Everyone in the room gasped. I could feel Ahsoka's fear and sadness grow. Axle walked up to the camera and forced it to look at the bodies, "These men are responsible for countless crimes against the Republic. They follow a rogue Jedi Knight named Kamara whose goals are to kill anyone who stands against them. They attacked your homes, destroyed your families, and took everything you had. And both Republic and Jedi order have done nothing to stop them. Well, I say we do it ourselves. We will slaughter all who stop us from getting justice for our families. We will dismantle the tyrannical government and give control back to the people. Theed was the first city to be cleansed of these Cultists. Half of this great city is in ruins because of what they have done. Bodies lay on the ground because of them. We will never let this happen again. Join me, and we will bring order to this galaxy the right way. The Republic and Separatists will not win this war. it will be us. The Shadows." 

The transmission ended and everyone in the room started whispering all at once. I turned to Ahsoka, but she was already in tears and she fell to her knees. Master Yoda spoke up, "Hatred, consumed him it has. Revenge, he seeks. A great Jedi, he once was. Feels terrible to admit this, the council does, but twisted by the dark side, young Tinguard has been." Master Windu nodded and looked down, "I feel responsible for what has happened to him. I have not been that good of a father figure to him, and that maybe part of the reason he has become this war monger. As much as it pains me to do so, I am placing former Jedi Knight Axle Tinguard as an enemy of the Republic. He will be hunted down and placed into custody and await a government trial." 

Ahsoka's POV

I shook my head, "NO!!!" Everyone looked towards me. "Padawan Tano? Would you like to add something?" Master Windu asked. I nodded, "Let me find him, Master. I know he will listen to me." Master Windu gave a glace towards Anakin, then back to me, "I'm afraid that might make things worse considering he is getting revenge from Kamara wanting to kill you. I am dispatching Jax, Kalir, and Quin to bring him back." I grit my teeth and stormed out of the room.

Anakin's POV

Master Windu walked up to me, "Do not let her leave. Let Jax and his team try bringing him back first. If that doesn't go as planned, then we will add her going as a possibility. For now, it's just not safe for her." I nodded, "Yes, Master. But, you know something else has happened to Axle. You can feel it." Windu looked down, "I fear that the worst has happened to him. I have been worried of this ever since Axle was brought to the temple. We always knew that Axle was Revan's 110 generation grandson and that could have led to him being corrupted by Revan's spirit. That is most likely what has happened. I don't want Ahsoka to get hurt if she can't contain him." I nodded again and walked out of the room.