Chapter Twenty-Two

Comincia dall'inizio

Louis rarely asked for my help with things..actually lets make that never. So I had to take this..whatever it was.

I nodded and grabbed my shoes and coat, shutting the door behind me.

We arrived at the mall pretty fast and Louis led me straight into a jewelry store.

"What are we doing here Lou?" I stepped inside and immediately fell in love with everything.

"I need your help picking something out.." He squinted his eyes and looked around.

"Like what exactly?"

"A necklace."

***********

"Andrea?" The sound of Nialls voice brought me back to reality and broke Sabrina and I apart, "We need to talk."

I looked at Sabrina and smiled, giving her the cue that it was okay to leave. She silently walked out leaving Niall and I alone.

"Im..im disappointed." He put his hands in his pockets and looked right through me.

"Niall I'm sorry I was going to tell you tomorrow, I-"

"Not about that. That's something we can talk about tomorrow like you planned. I'm talking about Demi. Why on earth would you have her kiss Louis, Andrea what would posses you to do that?!"

"I have my reasons okay! I wanted them to see that-"

"No! It's not your job to play 'match-maker' Andrea! You already did that to Sabrina and Liam and that's caused rushed feelings for both of them! Poor Liam doesn't even know what to do with himself between her and his unresolved feelings for Danielle!"

His voice was strong and angry. And I didn't blame him, everything he was saying was true.

"Im sorry." I whispered and looked at him, "Im so sorry."

"It's not me you need to apologize to." He sighed and loosened up, "Now I'm going to escort our guests out of the house and clean up a little. Why don't you get ready for bed? You need rest."

He left the room without another word.

And again, he was right. I defiantly needed rest.

~Demi's P.O.V~

"Demi wait!"

I kept walking despite Louis pleas. I couldn't face him right now..even if I tried. But it was too late. I felt his arm tug me back just as I was opening my car door.

"Stop Demi!"

"What do you want!"

Right on cue, Louis phone rang. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know who it was since everyone else who ever called him was right inside.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" My voice was dry as I folded my arms.

"It's not important right now, I can call her later." He took the phone out of his pocket and silenced it.

"Oh, wait! Are you actually putting me before Eleanor for once?! Wow let me get the video camera because this is a sight everyone should see!"

"What are you talking about Demi?!"

I laughed and shook my head, "Just forget it Louis it doesn't matter."

"It does matter dammit!" This time Louis yelled, making me jump, "Why are you acting like this?! Why are you keeping things from me?!"

"Because nothing's going to change either way so what's the fucking point?!" My voice shook and cracked, causing me to place my hand over my mouth.

A few seconds past before Louis took my hand, "What do you mean?"

I shook my head again and looked away, trying to hide my annual tears.

"Demi look at me!" I looked up at him as he grabbed my other hand, "Please tell me. Please talk to me. I can't stand seeing you hurt like this."

"Why?" That question meant so many things. Why don't you love me? Why do you make me feel this way? Why do you care about me in the first place? Why? Why? Why?

And the answer was simple.

"Because you're my best friend."

I closed my eyes and smiled wirily, "And that's just it Louis."

I looked into his eyes and took a deep breath, "I can't..Louis I can't be around you for a while."

He opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him, "Don't ask why. Just..if you want me to be okay and to stop hurting..I need to get away for a while. Don't call me..or come see me. I need...I need this."

He stared at me and studied my face. His eyes grew watery as he slowly pulled away, "No."

As always, he wouldn't let me go. He had to protect me from getting hurt. If only he could understand that being away from him was the only way that was possible.

"I have to go Louis." I went to hug him but he stepped back. A pang went through my chest as I took a deep breath and turned around, climbing into my car.

"No, Demi wait!" I heard Louis shaky voice call after me, but I couldn't stop now. I had to end this hurt once and for all.

But the hurt would never end, because the last thing I saw was Louis face in my rear view mirror, crying.