Chapter 19; Ladies Assemble!

(A/N: I don't know if I mentioned, but Wanda is about 23 here... lmao I'm such a bad author for skipping out details 😂 Also, Manhattan mall is gonna be in this, but idk what shops are there, so I'm just throwing in random ones)

Psyche's POV

I stretched as I woke up in my bed, relishing in the feeling of the sheets I was tangled in. I opened my eyes, trying to recall why I had such a terrible headache. As I thought, memories flooded me of last night, where I had the most wonderful time with my newly found mates. Although I didn't know too much about them yet, they certainly knew how to throw a party.

I sat up in bed with a goofy grin on my face, but it was replaced with a grimace as the pounding in my head grew. My hangovers were never that bad. I tried to think why my head was killing me so much today, then remembered the Asgardian alcohol I had drank last night. 

That was a hangover that wouldn't go away soon.

I moodily climbed out of bed, prepared to take some advil and just go back to sleep. Then I saw a book on my bedside table with a sticky note on it. It wasn't my book, and I read the title with interest. Recipes and Remedies for witches.

I proceeded to read the note.

"Hey there Starlight! Thor and Loki's Asgardian alcohol has quite an effect on anyone who drinks it, including us witches. So I know that you'll probably wake up with a killer hangover. Go to page 52 of this book and there's a potion recipe which cures hangovers in a heartbeat.
Love you!
-Maria"

I laughed at the note, my grumpiness gone. Maria took such good care of me, I love her. I followed the instructions page 52 of the book had, and drank the whole thing. It tasted nice, like strawberry milkshake. Thank goodness for potions and magic. I hadn't bothered measuring out exact quantities of all the ingredients, and therefore, there was extra. I didn't mind though, especially now that my hangover was gone entirely!

I headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower, getting ready for the day. I threw on a floral, flutter sleeve spaghetti dress, and paired them with some of my favorite dangly earrings. I thre my hair in a messy bun, not wanting to spend a lot of time on it. I planned on heading down to  Manhattan mall, which I hadn't had a chance to wander around yet.

I had just grabbed a pair of cute, strappy sandal heels when my phone rang. I checked it and smiled when I saw the contact name.

Wanda 🔮

I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"Stephen! What did we discuss about opening portals in the tower, where people can fall through them?" Came the first sound from the other line, eliciting a laugh from me that I couldn't conceal.

Wanda seemed to realize I had picked up, "Hello Psyche!" she chirped merrily.

"Hi Wanda!" I replied ecstatically.

"PETER, STOP STICKING MAGNETS ON BUCKY'S ARM!" Came a voice in the background, probably Natasha's.

I heard an exasperated sigh from my fellow witch, "Sorry about the noise," she apologized, "The boys are always super hyper after a party for some reason, it's a shame because Nat and I are always hungover".

"That's okay!" I assured, "You know, you and Nat are always welcome to come over to my apartment if you need space".

I could feel Wanda perk up through the phone, "Really? That's fine by you?" She asked.

I confirmed that I would be overjoyed if she felt comfortable enough to come over.

"Thank you so much! Nat and I need our space. We'll just confirm with the guys if they're okay with staying alone, then we'll be right over!"