Chapter 9; Thor Odinson

IMPORTANT A/N: (Please note that in this story Thor has his short ragnarok hair, and Asgard was never destroyed, it is still very much a shimmering, golden realm and not a place in Norway because Surtur destroying it made me sad).

Thor's POV

I groaned as I trudged lazily out of the council meeting.  Loki, Sif, Valkyrie, Skurge, Heimdall and the Warriors 3 walked right behind me and were all giggling and gossiping about something... probably me and how much I despised meetings despite being king of Asgard. At the moment I just wanted to go back to Earth and wind down, and it was a huge relief that all my duties for the day in Asgard were finished and I could fulfill my wish.

Loki and I made our way to the bifrost and Heimdall jogged to the sword, all our friends were still present with us and bid Loki and I goodbye with a hug. Soon, the sword was turned and this caused the bifrost to open up, we fell as a multicolored blur wrapped around us and very soon ended up transporting us in an alleyway that happened to be quite close to Stark tower. It was a convenient place to land, as they weren't any people around to raise questions.

I looked at Loki and saw a small smile on his face which caused me to grin too. He glanced at me and clapped me on the back before starting to walk back to the tower. I stayed still. This made him stop and look back at me with a slight frown, "Are you coming?" he inquired. I shook my head and he furrowed his eyebrows and started walking back towards me, but I stopped the action by saying, "You go ahead, I'll be there in another 30 minutes". 

Loki then raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth, but soon closed it and silently nodded before turning away and beginning the walk to the tower of residence of the rest of our mates. This wasn't unusual behavior on my part. I often got away on my own. My own brother and mates had never questioned where I went, what I did, what I discovered or who I met. It was something I was grateful for.

The truth is that sometimes I relax by being alone. I love discovering new things about this realm that is relatively new to me. I cherish the moments of solitude during which I get to see new places. I delight in finding new thoughts and ideas. I enjoyed the company of others, but often times, I liked being alone.

However 'alone time' was not something the universe had planned for me today.

I had trudged out of the alleyway and had gotten to a small park quite close to the tower, it was quiet and pretty empty, but that's how I liked it. I started to walk on a cobblestone path, looking down at my feet as I walked and not thinking about anything in particular. After a busy day, I preferred to have a completely clear mind.

I can't pinpoint exactly when I felt it, my guess is that it started burning a few minutes before I initially noticed it. This is because I was so deep in my own head, clearing out and gathering my thoughts that I probably failed to notice it immediately. The tattoo belonging to my 13th soulmate. The edges I noticed starting tingling first, and soon grew into pain which spread further into the middle. I wrapped a hand around my tattooed wrist and squeezed, not sure what I was doing, but probably hoping I could somehow squeeze it away.

Only when I saw the figure of a young woman approaching, and felt the heat the tattoo was giving off intensify, did I realize, that I was soon to meet Psyche Delvaux, my final mate. 

3rd Person's POV

Grey clouds gathered and boomed overhead as the god of thunder began to feel incredibly nervous. When he'd first heard about Psyche, he was ecstatic and decided promptly that he wished to meet her, but now that he knew he was finally going to, he was unsure. His other mates who'd already met her reported how amazing and divine she was, yet even this didn't comfort him. It only made him feel slightly insecure.