XVI - two for the show

Start from the beginning

"I know." she softly smiled. "You know what? Let's go onto the roof to talk. Dinner's still hot."

Without waiting for a reply, she opened the grocery bag and took out a bar of chocolate Joe bought.

She took out a cutting board and a knife, cutting the chocolate into small pieces. Joe watched lovingly as she put it in the saucepan.

When the hot chocolate was done, Taylor poured it into two mugs decorated with cats and sprayed some whipped cream on them. Unhesitatingly, she sprayed some into her mouth too.

She got some whipped cream on her face so Joe walked over to her and kissed it off. She giggled when his lips and stubble brushed over her face. It was ticklish. "You're like a pregnant woman with her cravings."

"Am I now?" Taylor smirked amusedly. Little did he know.

She put the mugs on a tray and they walked upstairs together.

Upstairs on the roof, they snuggled under blankets and sipped the drinks occasionally in comfortable silence.

"So, are you going to tell me now love?" Joe said gently. He didn't want to pressure her, but he was getting worried.

"Um... Okay." Taylor felt her palms get sweating and she fidgeted with her hands.

"I- I don't know how to say this, but um," she took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."

"Love," Joe said excitedly. "For real?"

"For real." Taylor smiled.

"Oh my goodness," Joe said, immediately embracing Taylor. He placed a soft, wet kiss on her forehead, then her nose, then finally her lips.

"We're gonna have a baby," Taylor said.

"I can't Adam and Eve it," Joe said

"Adam and Eve it," Taylor mocked. "Our baby's definitely going to have your British accent."

"Our baby. I love the sound of that. You make me so happy, I can't believe you're the baby mumma."

"I love you."

"Love you too," Joe said. He lifted Taylor's shirt slightly and placed a few kisses on her stomach before giving her a kiss on the lips.

"That tickled, please shave."

Joe ignored the last remark. "When did you find out?"

"It was that test I took as a dare with Abi. I still have it, I'll show you later honey."

"I still can't believe it. I'm having a baby with the love of my life."

"That's what I thought the night I found out," Taylor winked. She placed her hand on her stomach delicately. She took another sip of the hot chocolate. "This hot chocolate is very good," she commented.

"I smell a craving already," Joe smirked.

————

September 5th

"I'm kinda nervous," Taylor whispered.

They were currently at the gynecologist's for their first ultrasound appointment. Taylor was sitting on the examination chair, with Joe holding her hand next to her.

"I'm sure everything will be alright love," Joe said.

Taylor was about to retaliate when the doctor walked in.

She introduced herself and sat down on the chair.

"I'm going to put some gel down on your stomach okay? It's going to be just a little cold."