Chapter 24

Thranduil arrived at the council. The councilors were very confussed, he could easily see it.

"Sir," one of them said. "The request came in today and they ask for a female human." Thranduil stopped breathing. The only human girl in or near this castle, was Daenerys. Did he have you give her as an offer?

"Nothing else?" he asked.

"No, my lord, just the human," the councilor answerd.

Thranduil came back into the room. Daenerys was sleeping. She was laying on her side and she looked like she couldn't be more happy. Thranduil sat down next to her and put his hand on her cheek. Daenerys opened her eyes and smiled at Thranduil. Thranduil's eyes started to fill with tears, but he was able to hold them back.

"I have something for you," he said and took the Targaryen ring out of his cloak. Thranduil slid the ring around Daenerys' finger and gave her a kiss.

"Now sleep," he said and Daenerys put her head back down. He would lose her tomorrow. He walked out of the room to help with the preparations for the offer. Daenerys would be kept asleep until then.

The day of the offer was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was slightly snowing. Daenerys was dressed up in a white dress and put into a little boat. This boat was brought into the middle of the lake. Around twelve o'clock, she would wake up.

Daenerys felt a weak breeze. 'Who opened the window?' she thought. Then she realised she wasn't laying in the soft bed anymore. She opened her eyes and saw the sky. This scared her and she shot up. she could see now that she was in a tiny boat on the middle of a lake. Carefully, she stood up and looked around her. All around the lake were standing elves, looking at her. She found Thranduil in the crowd and wanted to cry for his help, but didn't. She kept her tears away. She heard an ellon say she was an offer for the eagles. 'I don't want to die,' she thought. She looked at her hand and saw the Targaryen ring. Now she knew what to do and a little smile curled up on her lips.

Daenerys started to sing a song in High Valyrian. Viserys taught it to her and it never failed. The memory of her brother brought tears in Daenerys's eyes. From the ring shot something that looked like fire and made a Tragaryen sign over Daenerys' head. She waited, but then she saw what she had been waiting for.

Thranduil thought she was honering her ancestors, but then he saw her vision clear and she started reaching out for the sky with her arms. A big shadow fell over the lake and the sound of iron was extremely loud. Some elves started to scream and run away. When Thranduil took his eyes off of Daenerys, he saw a dragon in a metal armour. The dragon went right through the sign Daenerys had made and carefully picked her up from the boat.

The moment the dragon appeared, Daenerys couldn't have been more happy

The moment the dragon appeared, Daenerys couldn't have been more happy. This was her saving. She fully relaxed when the dragon snatched her from the boat. Since the battle of King's Landing she hadn't been taking flight, and now realised how much she had missed it. This flight made her think of her children.

Thranduil looked at her body being carried away by the dragon

Thranduil looked at her body being carried away by the dragon. He thought Daenerys already died, because there was no tension to be seen in her body. A tear rolled from his eye. Then he felt a hand taking his wrist. Thranduil looked at his side and saw Legolas.

"Ada, we need to go after her," he said.

"No son, I think she called the dragon. It was her choice," Thranduil said calmly.

"But I think I saw a gem on the armour which looked like Sauron's eye. We need to be carefull."

"I think you made that up, Legolas," Thranduil said. They saw a few shadows shooting over the water. When they looked up, they saw the eagles following the dragon without attacking him. 'What is happening?' Thranduil thought.

Daenerys saw the eagles flying around the dragon. She started to worry. 'What are they doing?' she asked herself. In the distance a fully black castle appeared. The dragon landed and put Daenerys down. She walked into the castle. There were torches on the walls and it gave the hallways a mysterious and even dangerous atmosphere. She came into a room that was clearly a throne room. Somebody was sitting on the throne. He was an ellon with white hair and quite weird eyes that looked like lava. Daenerys coulnd't say much. The man was scary, but at the same time made her think of Thranduil.

"Welcome, Dragonqueen," the man said in a low voice. "I'm happy you called my dragon." A little smile came onto his face. 'So that was why the dragon was wearing armour,' Daenerys thought. The ellon stood up from his throne and walked towards her.