Chapter 18

Thranduil was the one to break the silence this time.

"Will you take this dance with me, Eurielle?" he asked while holding out his hand for her to take it.

"It would be my pleasure, my king," Daenerys said.

They danced a few songs only looking at each other, but then Thranduil took her away to a cliff. It made her think of her wedding night, although this was much more beautiful. She felt an arm around her and looked to her side. The elvenking was looking to the same direction. Daenerys let go of her tensions and felt save. There was a light breeze and Daenerys shivered.

"Are you cold?" Thranduil asked.

"A bit, but it's okay," Daenerys said. She saw the king taking off his cloak and putting it around her shoulders. It was warm and smelled like him.

"It's beautiful here," she said, while sitting down. Thranduil sat down next ti her.

"Thank you, my lady," Thranduil responded.

"What brings you to Mirkwood," he asked after a long silence.

"I am looking for someone, but I haven't found him yet."

"Do you want me to help you?"

"Yes please," she said happily, forgetting all of her manners.

"I need some answers then," he said. Daenerys gave him a nod.

"How long ago did you meet him?"

"I think it was ten years ago."

"And why are you looking for him?" Thranduil could see Daenerys was hesitating to tell him.

"Because I love him," she said softely, hoping the king wouldn't hear, but he did. So she was in love with him. It made Thranduil's heart feel lighter. She didn't mind the lie.

"Does he love you back?" Thranduil asked.

"I don't know," she said.

There was a long silence. When Thranduil decided to tell Daenerys the truth, they heard the sound of a horn. Daenerys stood up and the cloak fell from her shoulders. Now Thranduil was sure it was his love. He saw the scar on her right shoulder, which she got from her brother's sword in a training. They had put salt on it so it would be visible forever. They did this, because Viserys had a scar on the same shoulder, which he also got in a training. Daenerys turned around.

"I need to go," she said.

"Come back, and I will help you find him," he said, and Danerys thought she was detecting sadness in his voice.

Then Daenerys ran into the forest. She met the dwarves, Bilbo, Legolas and Gandalf the Grey. Legolas gave her different clothes and Daenerys changed quickly. Daenerys walked to Mele Bantis and climbed on the back of her horse. Soon after, they were off towards Erebor, but Daenerys mind was still on the cliff next to Thranduil. If only that moment had lasted forever, she might have already known who her Elrond was.

Thranduil was still sitting on the cliff. The cloak was laying next to him and he was looking at the setting sun. He heard the sound of galloping hooves. When he looked in the direction the sound came from, he saw a party of fifteen dwarves, a hobbit, an ellon, a wizard and a human girl. The girl had white hair. 'That's Daenerys. I heard Legolas talkin about a quest to Erebor. Is she going with them? I should have told her it was me. Then she maybe wouldn't have left,' he thought. But would she ever even want to be his queen?