Chapter 22

Thranduil carefully picked Daenerys up. He wanted to walk out of the mountain, but Thorin was standing in front of the opening. Thranduil rolled his eyes.

"She is staying here," Thorin said. Thranduil could feel that Daenerys was turning her head in his arms. He hold on to her more thightly.

"Get out of the way, Thorin," she said.

"But, my lady, you ..." Thorin started, but was interupted.

"Thorin Oakenshield, it's a command. Which part of get out of the way, don't you understand?" she said angrily.

"I'm sorry, my lady," Thorin said, stepped aside, and let Thranduil pass. When he looked at her being carried away by the elvenking, he knew he lost her.

Daenerys skin was cold and it scared Thranduil. Her skin had always been warm, although Thranduil didn't really know why. When they were at his elk, Thranduil sat down on one knee, let Daenerys lean against the other one and put his cloak around her. Then he picked her up again and mounted his elk. During their ride home, Thranduil could see Daenerys was slowly slipping away.

"Stay with me, Daenerys, I just found you again," he whispered in her ear. The halls came into view and Thranduil was happy Daenerys was still half awake. He rushed inside and saw Istuives comin towards him, seeing the person in his arms.

"Who's that?" she asked with a big smile.

"I'll tell you later. Right now she needs a healer. Can you go get one?" Thranduil answered.

"Of course, my lord. To which room should I send him?" Thranduil hadn't thought about this. He wanted her close to him, so he could if she was improving. He realised his room was almost in the middle of the halls. He wouldn't have to walk long if she needed him wherever he was.

"Mine," he said shortly and continued walking.