Chapter 23

Daenerys woke up. She sat up and saw she was laying in a beautiful room. Daenerys guessed that on the place next to her had been laying someone who just got out of bed, because it was still warm. Daenerys put her head into the pillows again and waited. She heard the doors opening and opened her eyes. Thranduil was entering.

"You're awake," he said happily while closing the door. He walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. Daenerys was scared to ask a specific question, but she decided it was to important to not ask it.

"Are you really the one who saved me?" she asked softly.

"Yes, Daenerys, it was me. I need to tell you something." Daenerys looked up in shock. Was something wrong with her? Was she still going to die? Thranduil saw the sorrow on her face and decided not to wait any longer.

"I fell in love with you the first time I saw you," he said, staring into the purple eyes.

"I'm in love with you too," Daenerys said, taking Thranduil's hands in hers. Their eyes locked again and Daenerys found it less awkward than the first time their eyes met. Thranduil cupped her cheek in his hand, and put his lips on hers. Daenerys didn't see that coming, but gave into it. It just felt right. Thranduil wrapped his arms around Daenerys' middle and she rested her arms on his shoulders. When they finally broke the kiss, they rested their foreheads together. They didn't hear someone coming in.

Legolas walked in on his father and Daenerys sitting on the bed like two love birds

"Father?" he said. Thranduil let go of Daenerys and turned around. "The council wants to talk to you about the offer for the eagles."

"I'm coming," Thranduil said, letting Daenerys' hand go. When Legolas walked out, he winked to Daenerys with a big smile and left. Daenerys fell back into the pillows. She kissed the elvenking. But would he love her so much to let her become his queen, or would their relationship have to be a secret? She fell asleep again.