Chapter 19

After a few hours, they decided to take a rest. Legolas would be looking out. In the middle of the night, he woke up from his half-sleep by a song.

Deep in the forest
Under the fog
Armies surround us
Waiting for dark
Wearing their iron masks like a shield
I know their coming
I know their hear

Oh that light, oh is bright
Sleep for today, but tomorrow we fight

Cold in the violence
After the war
Hope is a fire
To keep us warm
Children of anger Eden's forgot
Waiting for the hour
The battle is done

Oh that light, oh is bright
Sleep for today, but tomorrow we fight.

Legolas turned around and saw Daenerys. She was playing with the fire and he saw a tear rolling on her face. Legolas walked over to her. He sat down and she put her head on his shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Kind of. Thorin wants to kill smaug, but there is only one way to kill him," Daenerys said.

"So, how can we kill him?" Legolas said happily. She looked at him in sorrow.

"Only I can," she said.

"What? Why can nobody else do it?"

"Because he will kill them first," she said, looking into the fire and seeing her three children fly through it.

The next morning they rode on. Daenerys' mind was already in Erebor, seeing another dragon die. At the same time in Mirkwood, Thranduil decided to go after Daenerys with an army. If she was really going with the dwarves, she brought herself in extreme danger. It was still a fire-breathing dragon.

Daenerys and the company could already see Erebor. She looked down to her finger on which she was wearing Viserys' ring, but saw it was gone. 'I'll look for it on my way back,' she thought, but she felt pain. What if she couldn't find it? Then she lost the last touchable thing that reminded her of her brother's love.

Thranduil saw a dying fire. He walked towards it and saw something on the ground shimmering in the sun. When he took it up, he recognised the ring Daenerys would always wear, even at night.

 When he took it up, he recognised the ring Daenerys would always wear, even at night

He put the ring in his pocket. He heard an elleth call his name. He walked towards her.

"There are hooves to be seen here," she said.

"We're on the good path, let's go," Thranduil said, feeling the hurry to close his arms around Daenerys and never let her go.