𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Have Your Heart Broken

- ˏˋ [STEP THIRTEEN: Have Your Heart Broken] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP THIRTEEN: Have Your Heart Broken] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

After Joel had walked in on Liz and Cap in a rather suggestive pose, he'd immediately left, not giving Liz the chance to explain herself at all. In fact, she actually did try to go after him, but she could barely even get up since she was still relatively drowsy because of all the poison from the whole lake incident.

So, she did the next best thing. She took a nap.

And luckily, when she woke up, she was feeling a lot better. Joel was right; perhaps all she really needed to do was rest.

The brunette propped onto her feet, struggling to maintain her balance when everything around her started to spin and her vision went blurry. She staggered forward a couple of steps, managing to reach out for the wall to keep herself up, shaking her head quickly to rid herself of her hazy state.

The warm air hugged Liz's form contently, causing a soft sigh to escape her lips as she slipped off her jacket, leaving her in a loose tank top. Her shoes lay beside the bed, and she glared at them with narrow eyes in contemplation, wondering if she should even bother to put them on, but eventually concluded that people don't wear shoes on the beach anyway.

Finally, Liz walked sluggishly through the door and out onto the beach. This was the first time she'd seen it since she'd got there. And also the first time she'd actually seen a beach in seven years.

She wiggled her toes as her feet sunk into the sand, the comfortable breeze hitting her pleasantly, and her face broke out into a small smile. She forgot how much she loved beaches. It reminded her of all the times she'd visit the beach with her parents when she was younger — her home back in Fairfield was near one, and she'd beg her parents to go almost every weekend.

Her ocean-coloured eyes skimmed across the beach and noticed that Joel was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Aimee. She groaned, rubbing her temples defeatedly.

"Hey!" Liz heard a familiar voice calling at her from afar.

Body whirling around, she saw the same blonde man who had come to see her earlier, grinning from ear to ear as he waved at her frantically. Liz smiled, politely returning the wave.

When Cap finally reached her, he huffed dramatically, leaning forward to catch his breath. "Liz, you're up! How are you feeling?"

Liz giggled, eyes still discretely scanning the coast to see if she could spot any trace of Joel. "I'm okay. Have you seen Joel at all? I think he's still with Aimee."