𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Tell Stories Around a Fire

- ˏˋ [STEP FOURTEEN: Tell Stories Around a Fire] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP FOURTEEN: Tell Stories Around a Fire] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, everyone! Let's all settle down."

Cap's voice was ringing in Liz and Joel's eardrums like an annoying bell that wouldn't shut up, no matter how hard they tried to ignore or avoid it. Everywhere they went, the blonde man was always there.

The pair strolled into the room uncomfortably — it didn't take a genius to figure out that they absolutely did not want to be there, especially after Cap had walked in on them at quite possibly the worst time in existence. This was bound to get awkward.

Joel sat near an elderly woman, pursing his lips in a smile when she glanced at him.

"Cap's been telling us stories about his adventures!" she whispered to Joel enthusiastically, and Liz just about able to hear it as she propped down beside him.

Joel sent Liz a look that expressed both bore and worry, and she shuffled closer to him, rubbing his arm comfortingly. "Don't worry, this will be fun," she mumbled in feigned optimism.

"Come on, Cap, tell us another story!" someone called out, and Cap raised his arms in defeat.

"Alright, alright," he breathed, before pausing in thought momentarily, pointing at Liz with a hopeful grin across his face. "Liz! I'm sure you've got hundreds of stories. You were on the surface way longer than I was. Why don't you come over here and tell us a few?"

His hands ushered for the brunette to come in his direction, and she chuckled nervously before shaking her head. "Oh, I don't know. I don't really have many stories," she dismissed.

"Aw, c'mere!" Cap said playfully, and he immediately stood up and did a little jog in Liz's direction. When he got to her, he raised his eyebrows as a hand darted forward, waiting for Liz to take it.

"I'm— uh..." Liz trailed off, vision scanning around the circle and noticing that they were all eyeing her bitterly. Anxiety bubbled ferociously inside of her stomach as the pressure got to her, head whipping around to send Joel an apologetic look.

The brunette mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to him, before she took Cap's hand and was being led to the other side of the circle. A deep frown was carved into Joel's face as he watched her get dragged further and further away; a couple of metres feeling like miles between them.

There was a symphonic cheer throughout the room, everyone clapping Liz and Cap on, chanting their names repeatedly. A smug smirk was fixed upon Cap's face as he sat on the floor, tugging at Liz's arm gently to urge her to do the same.