𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: Use a Grenade

- ˏˋ    [STEP ELEVEN: Use a Grenade] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP ELEVEN: Use a Grenade] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"I miss MAV1S," Joel groaned childishly.

"I do, too, but she's safe where we buried her," Liz assured, glancing at Joel over her shoulder. "We gotta keep moving."

Joel scowled, "Can't I grieve?"

"I'm— but she's—" Liz cut herself off, shutting her eyes tight as she shook her head. She flicked her wrist dramatically. "Fine, sure. Grieve. Just do it quietly."

"Thank you," Joel muttered, sending her a sarcastic thumbs up.

She rolled her eyes as she took a few steps backwards, and grabbed Joel by the arm to drag him. "And can we hurry up, please? We're nearly there."

"Why are you in such a rush to get there?"

Liz shot him a look. "Why aren't you?" she snapped back, her grip on his arm inadvertently growing tighter. "You're the reason we're out here anyway."

"I don't— I'm not sure if I even wanna go anymore."

The girl's eyes narrowed at him, "What?"

Joel shrugged. "I don't really wanna go," he repeated.

Liz could feel her eyes start to unintentionally twitch ever so slightly in frustration. "You've gotta be kidding me."

Joel chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand. "I mean, Aimee said some survivors showed up there to take them away. What's the point of us even going?"

Liz's grip on Joel's arm was released as she stopped in her tracks to face him, glaring up at him with murder in her eyes. "You're asking me what the point is?! Joel, we literally risked our lives for you to meet your idiot girlfriend from seven years ago, and now you're saying you don't wanna go?"

Joel winced at Liz's tone and nodded hesitantly, feeling her gaze practically piercing holes into him. He sucked in a deep breath before he spoke, "It's not all bad, is it?"

Liz muttered a string of profanities under her breath as her fists clenched, glaring up at the sky. "How could this possibly not be bad, Joel? Hm? Enlighten me." A false smile twitched on her lips as she tried to keep herself together, calming her homicidal thoughts towards the man.