𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐄𝐍: Talk to a Robot

- ˏˋ    [STEP TEN: Talk to a Robot] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP TEN: Talk to a Robot] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"So, are you gonna tell me?"

Liz's brows pinched together in confusion. "Tell you what?"

"What you were gonna tell me before I saved your life earlier today," Joel made sure to emphasise his words, making it clear that he wouldn't let that go. "You were gonna tell me what Minnow said."

"Oh," Liz chuckled lightly, "definitely not."

Joel's mouth fell open in feigned hurt. "What? You were gonna tell me, though!"

"Yeah, and I'm glad I didn't," she replied, pointing to a building that they were approaching, indicating that they were headed there for a short break.

"Why?"

Liz shrugged, not wanting to continue with the conversation any further. "I just don't want to tell you. Is that a problem?"

Joel hesitated, slightly taken aback by the girl's accusatory tone. "I–I guess not."

"Good."

The pair lapsed into a short silence until they made their way into the small building — one that had a sign that said 'free wifi' on the front. They figured it was some kind of old motel that had been destroyed by monsters at some point.

When they got there, Joel wandered around the place, gazing at the furniture in awe. Being out in the open for all those days honestly made him forget what it was like to be indoors.

Liz's shirt was stuck to her body, but she quickly peeled it off, leaving her in just a bra. She turned to Joel, "Can I have my jacket back?"

Joel's head whipped around to face her, eyes widening when he saw her topless. He instantly looked away with reddened cheeks. "Uh, y–yeah, sure," he stuttered, pulling off the jacket and handing it to her, not daring to look the girl in the eye.

Rolling her eyes, she snatched it off him. "Get over yourself, Joel. It's not like I'm completely naked. You can look, I don't care."

He stole a quick glance in her direction before immediately looking away again. "A–Are you sure?"

Liz couldn't help but feel her heart swell at how thoughtful he was, and her face contorted into a small smile. "Yeah," she confirmed, "and give me anything you want to dry, too."

Joel nodded, taking off his own shirt and passing it to her. "Thank you," he said, offering Liz a smile back as she hung it next to her jacket on the out-of-order radiator.

He wasn't wearing anything underneath — he was currently wearing the only remaining clothing that he had, since the boulder-snail had taken his original ones. As the cold, forest breeze hit his bare skin, the man began to shiver.