𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: Get the Girl

- ˏˋ    [STEP TWELVE: Get the Girl] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP TWELVE: Get the Girl] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Woah, woah, go slowly! You might hurt her!"

"Joel, do you know how CPR works?"

The sudden sound of a deep inhale pierced the air. Liz's blue eyes shot open, to see a pretty raven-haired lady hovering over her, her uneven breaths landing on her frail face. Liz tilted her head quizzically, eyebrows pinching in confusion as she stared up at the female of whom she struggled to recognise.

But in return, the woman did nothing except send her a comforting smile, before she turned around and spoke aloud. "She's awake."

Instantaneously, Liz heard the sound of footsteps running frantically towards her. Her eyes visibly trailed the girl who walked away from her, heading towards a couple of elderly people on the other side of the vast room.

Liz was pleasantly surprised to see that Joel was by her side before she could even utter a single word.

"You're awake!" he said cheerfully, relief evident upon his features. "Holy God, you're awake!"

Liz looked at him in question, slowly remembering what had happened before she'd lost consciousness. "I–I am?"

"You are," Joel confirmed, sitting on the side of the bed that Liz was on. He paused momentarily, eyes narrowing in thought, "...Unless I'm dreaming."

"Maybe you're just dreaming." Liz grinned at him, but she frowned when she noticed the worrisome look on his face. "I'm just kidding," she assured him, attempting to sit up. "Where are we?"

"Hey, hey, stay here," Joel urged, pushing her back down gently. "You're still pretty messed up from all that poison. We're at Aimee's colony."

Liz internally groaned at that name. This was the last place she wanted to be.

"I'm okay," was all she said as she ignored his commands, trying to sit up again. But she was pushed back down by the excruciating pain from her own stab wound in her abdomen.

Hissing in pain, she lifted her shirt to take a look at it, and noticed that it had now been professionally bandaged, not a single drop of blood seeping through.

Joel softly took her hand, pulling her shirt back down to hide the bandage. He intertwined his fingers with hers, smiling reassuringly as he noticed her eyes flickering nervously between his face and where their hands connected. He'd never done that before.

"I'm sure you are," he nodded, "but I need you to rest."

Liz sighed. It honestly annoyed her, feeling this useless. "How am I here?" she asked out of the blue.