𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐒𝐈𝐗: Eat or Sleep - Not Both

- ˏˋ    [STEP SIX: Eat or Sleep — Not Both] ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  [STEP SIX: Eat or Sleep — Not Both] ˊˎ -

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Hey, that's pretty good!" Liz complimented as she hovered over the drawing that Joel had produced of one of the many monsters that they'd already encountered. Almost immediately, though, she returned to her task of washing some of the group's clothes that reeked of body odour and were in dire need of a clean after constantly walking for the past few days.

Joel's head turned to where Liz's voice was coming from, smiling at her softly. "Thanks. You need help with that?" He pointed his pencil in the direction of the wet clothes in her grasp.

Liz shook her head. "Nope, I'll be done with this soon, anyway," she said, pulling out another item of clothing that was left to soak in the bucket of water, which was actually one of Joel's jackets. She shuffled over to hang it onto the makeshift washing line that Clyde had set up for her.

"Hey," Clyde spoke softly, walking across to Liz and taking the drenched jacket from her. "I'll do it. You've been at this for a while now, I can do the rest."

Confusion flickered across the girl's features. "What do you mean? I'm fine doing this, Clyde," she pointed at the bucket of clothes, "I'm nearly done, look—"

"Go," the man protested, his tone stern yet caring all at once.

Liz exhaled loudly, raising her hands in surrender. "Fine," she mumbled, twirling on her heels and carefully treading around the sputtering, luminous campfire to find an appropriate space to sit. She laid upon the turf, body relaxing as her eyelids fluttered shut. She knew Clyde was right; this was the only time she'd get to have a somewhat rest for a while.

"Does anyone have an eraser, by any chance?"

Liz's eyes shot open at the rather stupid question. She sat up, her so called 'rest' being cut short, sending Joel a surly glare. "Yeah, because during an apocalypse, people on the surface just stroll around carrying erasers just for the sake of it," she retorted, sarcasm dripping from every syllable. Minnow found it utterly hilarious and laughed hysterically at the older girl's bitterness, earning a wink and a prideful grin from Liz.

"It was just a question," Joel mumbled nonchalantly, attempting to rub the paper with his index finger to fix his mistake when he realised just how ludicrous the 'question' he asked was.

Scooting closer to Joel until she was fully next to him, Liz's eyes widened in awe at Joel's drawing. "That's really good, Joel."