6

OSCAR VALENTINE

It has been about a week since I was in jail and finally got out because of Ruby's uncle. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I had a cut under my eye from that fucking asshole. I had a fight with a man in jail saying shit about Ruby. He saw her one time at my court. I walked out of the trailer her uncle lived in. I saw a motorcycle and a letter on it. 

"GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND" 

I smiled at that and got on the motorcycle and drove off thinking of Ruby. I wonder how she is doing. I wonder if she is with another man?! I can't have her see me anymore, I just can't. I have been getting her in trouble and hurting her! I drove to her mom's apartment and saw no one there. The house just seemed like no one is living there. I looked at the neighbors and saw them coming out of the house with black clothes on. I walked up to them and they saw me. 

"What happened to Leela," I asked them, their eyes went wide, and the wife started to cry 

"Everyone in town is divested what happened to them," he said I looked at him getting angry 

"WHAT YOU MEAN, WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM" I yelled in anger 

"calm down, we are hurt as much as you, Ruby's mother passed away from a drug overdose she just found out from the doctor of her caused of death today," he said, I looked at them and asked them where the funeral is going to be. This was all my fault, I'm sorry Ruby. They told me to follow them and I did. I got to the funeral saw many people there, and saw my gorgeous woman standing in the doorway of the church, wearing a black dress. I was about to walk towards her when I saw her mother standing there by her side smiling at her, her mother's spirit next to her. 

I saw Ruby's eyes tearing up. I wanted to go toward her but I couldn't. Something is not letting me go toward her. I looked up at the church and saw a light shining onto the church. I can't let her see me, I have to go. I walked away from her and got on my motorcycle and drove in the back to go to the cemetery and wait to see her before I leave town. About an hour I saw everyone coming outside and then Ruby by her mom's casket with people holding it. They towards the cemetery and started lowering her down into the ground, I watched as Ruby cried. I want to be there for her, I started to walk towards her, and I finally could. I walked up to her as everyone looked up at me with wide eyes, Ruby didn't pay any attention I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her. She tensed up and looked behind her and saw me, she pushed me out of the way. 

"This is all your fault, ever since you came into my life everything is going to hell!!" she yelled at me with tears coming down her face

"what the hell do you mean, I know I put you into my mess, but it's not my fault your mother passed away" I yelled back 

"If I didn't pay attention to you I would be at my home watching my mother, and paying attention to her with her drug problem!" she yelled at me with tears coming down her face, I grabbed her arm and made her hug me, she pouched my chest instead while crying. Everyone started to whisper. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me causing her to wrap her arms around me. I hugged her to calm her down. I felt her cry her eyes out. 

"I want her back" she cried out while she hugged me tighter