Chapter 2: Effectio V2

As of September 23, 2021, this chapter has been rewritten.

OLD Author's note: Special thanks to CallMePlez for the Novel Cover. Never expected to finish Chapter 2 within 24 hours of writing Chapter 1.

OLD Co Author's note: WE ARE SPEED. That is all I have to say. Don't forget to leave a review.

__________________________________________________________________________

NEW Author note: Well, Re-writing stuff is hard ngl. Don't forget to join the discord lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:23 AM EST, 25th March 2025

New York,

United States of America.

It has been nearly three hours ever since the "Wall of light" incident occurred. An awakening America is finding out that the world they once knew is over. While everything appeared normal at first, signs that something had gone wrong quickly emerged among the populus. Satellite Internet gone and with cable all the foreign websites, social media, and content creators are missing. Contact with anyone outside the United States went dark. .

CNN, Fox News and other major news organizations were all cut off from their non-US subsidiaries. Multinational corporations unable to contact their foregin assets and personnel. Airliners losing all contact with aircraft outside the US borders. North and South Borders reporting no immagration, both legal and illegal.

As the day continues, society panics. The stock exchange took the largest dive in US history. The economy crashed as international trade vanished and the dollar began fluctuating.

The morning news was filled with reports of the occurrences, with CCTV cameras showing footage of the "Wall of Light" appearing, with one unlucky person's car being sawed in half, leaving melted metal and material on the spot was cut off.

What was further worrying was the Live footage, with National Guard vehicles in a long convoy moving into cities. There was zero explanation on what is going on, with the government not giving any explanation just yet.

For some reason, the Indians had somehow managed to re-establish contact with the United States, courtesy of Elon Musk's Starlink. They had also provided similar reports, showing that they faced the same abnormality as well. When this contact was released by the government, showing that the Americans are not alone eased the economic recession and aid in calming down riots.

Another report was that the American fleet in the Indian Ocean was safe and at an Indian port, which assured people who did not know better that American forces abroad were unaffected.

They were seriously wrong.

---[-]---

On board the USS Ronald Reagan.

The USS Ronald Reagan Carrier fleet coasting into the waters of New York. They had put out at sea from their Naval Base at Norfolk, on a mission to secure America's waters. With reports of a submarine attack from the US Coast Guard, giving locations on where Civilian Cargo ships had been attacked and sunk, a rough estimate on the possible location of the subs were made.

Commander William James was at the aircraft carrier's Combat information center, observing the ship's systems and monitoring any changes.

On the monitor, he can see an area affixed to the location of the sinkings. He can also see friendly ships, neutral civilian ships and aircraft in the air as well.