Part 29

"I have no value as a hostage." The leader said. It was only making Kurapika more angry as time went on, but everything he said was true. Melody says his heartbeat was normal, meaning that he didn't feel intimidated by our actions. However, it did give us a route to save Killua and Gon.
Who are these people?!
Kurapika kept trying to ask questions, but it only provoked him.
"What were Uvo's last words?" The leader asked.
"I don't remember."
"You're lying. Am I right, miss?" He asked Melody.

"Kurapika, he's trying to provoke you. Don't listen to him!" I said. The leader then started to talk to me.
"You there, Shinobi girl." He said, making eye contact with me.
"What," I replied.
"Your life would be so much more eventful if you joined the spiders, I've seen your magnificent power. Why bother taking revenge on me and my troupe with the chain user if you can be with me?"
I think he knew Kurapika's desire for me, and that's why he tried flirting. It was disgusting, giving yet another way to provoke Kurapika.
"THATS ENOUGH!!" Kurapika shouted, landing another hit on the leader.
"Kurapika!! You know I would never do that, so please calm down!" I told him with a frown.
"Jealous, aren't you?" The leader asked Kurapika.
"What do you know about me," Kurapika replied with a stuck up attitude. He calmed himself down, calling the troupe off of the leader's phone.
"I have three demands," he said.
"The general rule is that you do as I tell you to. If you don't obey, me and the Shinobi will kill your leader immediately."
"First, do not follow me.
Second, do not harm your two hostages.
Third, put that Pakunoda woman on the phone." I heard the replies from his phone. It was one of the troupe members.
"Can I ask you something first? It's about the second demand. The two hostages put up a struggle, so we already broke some of their bones."

..
"Then we're done negotiating."
Kurapika hung up, but the same troupe member called again.
"Sorry, I was lying. Both of the hostages are unharmed."
Dumbass.
"This is your last chance," Kurapika said. "Do not fool around. Put Pakunoda on the phone." They passed the phone to Pakunoda.
"Hello?" She says.

"You are the only one allowed to hear what I say,"Kurapika replies. "Move away from the others."

It was questions about Squala and Melody. Apparently, she did making contact with squala and was aware of Melody's existence. This should be quick. Kurapika did not allow her to interact with her comrades, which meant that we had the other hand. This meant no gesturing, writing, signaling, making eye contact, etc. He ordered her to come to the place that he designated, alone, and if her heart rate changes, he would order me to kill the leader.

Heck, I would do it without these boundaries, but if you insist I guess. He then ordered to give the phone to someone besides the person that he was just talking to a few minutes ago, which she had done.
"Me and the Shinobi are going to meet with Pakunoda alone. The rest of you must return to your hideout. All ten Troupe members must be there. If a single one is missing, the Shinobi will kill the hostage. Understood?"

"Yeah."
"You're to come to Lingon Airport. You have until 8:00, and you must come alone." Kurapika then hung up.
This meant that..
I was in charge of killing the leader if something went wrong. Kurapika called the spiders again.
"Put one of the hostages on the phone. (Y/n), you talk to him."

"O-okay," I obeyed. One of the spiders handed Killua the phone.
"Are they all together?" I asked.

"They are right now," Killua replied back. "But they're talking about going after Pakunoda...-" suddenly, one of the spiders pulled the phone away from him.
"Watch your mouth, kid." He said. I immediately told Kurapika this information, and then handed the phone back to him.
"You have thirty minutes to return to your hideout. You can try trickery if you want, but your leader will die. I'll call again shortly. The Shinobi will be on the phone next time."
———
We arrived at Lingon Airport, meeting up with Pakunoda.
She was pretty.
"Are you Pakunoda from the phantom troupe?" Kurapika asked.
"Of course."

"She's telling the truth," Melody said.
"I will present each of you with two conditions. If you abide by them, I will release your leader. But if you don't, I'll have the Shinobi murder him with her flames."
Kurapika brought out his judgment chain.
"I'll begin with the leader. First, you are forbidden to use Nen.

Second.."
I don't think Kurapika was comfortable with signing the second condition.
"You may not contact any member of the Troupe."
"By this, I will use my judgement chain. You decide if this is acceptable, Pakunoda.

"Okay."
Kurapika then stabbed the leader with his judgement chain, watching the angst quickly crawl up to his face like the spider that he was.
"You're next, Pakunoda.

First, release Gon and Killua unharmed, before midnight, without any tricks.

Second, you may not speak a single word about me or the Shinobi. If you have no objections, I will use my chain on you."

"Okay." She replied.
He then stabbed the judgement chain into her as well, meaning that if either of them were to disobey, they would die.
"Start by returning to your companions, and inform them of the hostage exchange. I want you to bring the hostages to Lingon Airport before midnight. Bring no one else. Tell no one where you're going."

"Very well," She said again. "You have a deal, take me back to the airport."