Part 22

'Oh crap! I just realized I'm supposed to meet up with Leorio and the others later, how am I going to explain this monstrosity..' these thoughts circled around in my head for quite a while, the anxiety getting worse and worse. My body was mostly dry now, but I don't know if I want to go out like this anymore..
I heard a soft knock on the door, I think it was Kurapika.
"(Y/n)? Is everything alright? You've been in there for quite a while now." He said with a faint voice, trying to not cause attention from other people.
"Yes, I'm fine, I'm just..
..Afraid to go out.."

"Can I come in?" He asked. I told him he could, and so he opened the door carefully. I looked up at him, my other eye glistening. Although, there was one change I noticed in Kurapika..
He wasn't as happy anymore. He looked much different from when I last saw him thats for sure, but.. he rarely smiled as much, and acted more serious.
I'm worried about him, and he's here worrying about me more than he worries about himself..
"You can come out now, everything is okay." He told me, leading me the way out the door.
"To cheer you up a bit, would you like to meet one of my co-workers?" Kurapika asked.
"Oh, sure! I'd love to." He nodded and took an elevator, entering another room. This hotel sure was large..
As I walked through, I saw a small girl with grayish hair and a cute little purple outfit. A leaf like design covered the top, paring the look with an innocent tooth poking out of her mouth.
"Melody, meet (y/n)." Melody turned behind herself, noticing my persona.
"Oh? Hello there," She said to me. "I'm Melody."
It made me feel safe that she didn't even question my blue eye.
"Nice to meet you Melody-! I'm (y/n) just like Kurapika had mentioned." I responded, not sure what to say next. Suddenly, Melody put her hands behind her ears and closed her eyes. It took a moment for her to reply.
"By your heartbeat, I can tell that you are a very strong person with a good heart," she smiled at me. "I trust you."
"O-oh, thank you!" I said.
"Is there a way.. you can determine feelings depending on a persons heartbeat? Are you able to listen to them?" I asked her, watching as she nodded her head up and down. It was getting pretty late, so I decided that I wanted to sleep. Kurapika noticed my drowsy eyes.
"If you need a place to stay, you can sleep in the hotel for the night. I'll be in the hotel working in a different room as a bodyguard for Neon Nostrade." Kurapika gave me a room, and so I thanked him in relief. I believe that it'll probably be hard for me to sleep considering that I'll have to tell Leorio and the others about my secret, but oh well.
Damn you, Hisoka.
I'll get you back for what you did to me.

Kurapika's POV

I watched as (y/n) left the room, closing the door soundlessly. Melody turned to me, wanting to tell me something.
"Kurapika, do you have feelings for someone?" I felt my face heat up at the specific question.
"..I cannot answer that question." I replied to her. She paused for a moment, and then continued her sentence.
"It's just that, your heartbeat races up every time (y/n) is around, and I noticed that the heart rate that I was hearing decreased as she left the room."
I stayed silent.
"I must say, she's very pretty." Melody went on, but stopped talking after that. My face felt hot at her sentences.
Maybe I did have feelings for someone, particularly (y/n).
We have similar issues and feelings. ...I can understand her very well.
But I am unsure on how I would ever bring this up to her.

Your POV

I went to my room, dressing myself into sleep attire. I laid my head down on the bed, thinking about what has happened in the last couple of hours or so..
Hisoka said that he was in close contact with the troupe that had killed my family. ..I wonder what kind of people they are. I think Kurapika volunteered to help out with the auction coming up, so that should give me free time to help Gon, Killua, and Leorio earn some more Jenny. For a game called 'Greed Island..' I think Bisky mentioned that quite a few times, but I wasn't so sure. I probably wasn't paying attention at the time.
..I just hope that they won't hate me. I'm such a curse..
———————————————————————————
I woke up, changing back into my regular clothes and getting ready for the day as usual. I left the hotel and waved goodbye to both Kurapika and Melody, dashing onto the streets of Yorknew city. I walked around to get some fresh air, hearing even more people snickering about my blue eye behind my back. Twice as many people were giving me weird looks, too..

But, Kurapika told me that he thought they looked beautiful, which gave me self esteem. It did make my heart beat a little faster, though. Just as I was walking more and more, I saw the other three in a small shop. It seemed like they were buying telephones shaped like beetles or something.

Oh god...
..
.
..I really can't do it!
I ran away so that they couldn't turn and see me, but it was too late. Gon already saw me and looked confused as to why I was running the other direction.
"Hey!! (Y/n), wait up!" He said, causing the other two to notice me running off as well. It was too late.. I guess I should just go up to them. I kept my head down in fear that they would hate me or something like that.