chapter twenty.

aniras pov.

"i'll be back next week." i said to zay as i slipped on my pants. she nodded and watched me get dressed. she propped herself up on her elbows and stared.
"what?"
"nothing you just mad cute." i rolled my eyes. yea we had sex a couple times, but i planned on stopping after today.

"focus on getting that girl back then maybe we'll fuck again. when does she come back?" zay shrugged and picked up her phone. she sighed and rolled her eyes. i sat down next to her.

"what happened now? you're always so upset over her." zay showed me her phone. it was lola with some other girl i'm assuming the "best friend" but they way they were on each other... woulda thought that girl was her wife.

"she took her on a date bro. i knew something was going on." i slapped zay in her head.
"nigga we just had sex. and you complaining cause lola went on a date? you can't be mad at her when what we're doing is ten times worse." i grabbed my hoodie and walked to her door.
"don't text me no more until you figure out what you want. it's been fun though." i slammed the door as i made my exit.

zay's pov.

i watched anira leave and i was pissed. damn every bitch i have is leaving me. am i the problem? nah that don't even sound right. i picked up my phone again and text lola.

z- hey just checking on you, hope you're okay. i miss you a lot
l- hi, i'm fine wby
z- i'm okay, lonely w/o you tho

i peeped she read my message and didn't answer for 15 minutes.

l- oh, talk to our neighbors. the girls on the right are anira(the darkskin with glasses) and mia(brown skin curly hair) they're really nice. idk bout the people on the left tho

my mouth dropped. fuck does she know about me and anira? did that bitch set me up? shit bro.

z- yea maybe i will. when u coming back?
l- um soon, i'm bout go out but i'll text you later okay?
z- where you going
l- out.
z- you date that girl now or sumn?
l- azaria you had your chance. besides if i was dating ary... you would know lol

i rolled my eyes and didn't reply. this the shit i was talking about. how am i even the villain... i'm ME tf. i might as well focus on me and keep my grades up. it's dtb anyways.

*three days later*

someone knocked on my room door.
"zay can you open the door please." i instantly recognized the voice as lola's. i rushed to open the door instantly hugging her. she hugged me back gently, the energy wasn't there. i helped her bring her stuff in, noticing she had more than before.

"i missed you so much lola." she smiled.
"thanks i missed you too." she had on a new necklace, i picked it up. it read "aryela" i felt my chest heat up.
"lola here's the rest of your t- oh. hello azaria." speak of the mf devil herself. ary walked into the room. i waved at her.

"it's zay."
"oh my bad." she laughed dismissively. there was a silence.
"baby no those are staying at your place, they won't fit here." lola said to ary. ary nodded.

"well i gotta get going, i could see you this weekend mama?" lola smiled and nodded. ary held lola's waist as they kissed... and kissed... and kissed... when ary finally let go she whispered something in lola's ear that made her giggle. they kissed one more time then ary left. i just looked at lola.

"before you ask, yes... we are." i nodded and grabbed my keys.
"where are you going?" lola asked me.
"out. why, you wanna come?" she nodded and followed me out the room. as we walked to my car a bullet whizzed past my head.

"shit" i ducked down grabbing lola with me. we stayed down until the gunshots died out. lola had tears on her face.
"baby are you hurt?" she shook her head no and continued to cry. we dashed to my car and we didn't talk the whole ride. i noticed she didn't let go of my hand though, she held it the whole ride. i pulled into the mall parking lot.

"zay."
"yes lola."
"who was those bullets for, me or you?" i looked her.
"ion know, probably just wrong place wrong time." lola shook her head.
"no they were waiting for us, there was no one else in the parking lot zay. what did you do?" i looked at her with anger in my face.

"ME? you slept with two well known drug dealers. what did YOU do?" a flash of hurt struck her face.
"ian sleep with samara or tyra. you on the other hand ms.community dick have slept with them." i rolled my eyes.
"whatever lola. let's just do what we gotta do so we can get back." lola slammed my door as she got out the car.

arys pov.
"FUCK YOU MEAN YOU MISSED? SHE WAS RIGHT THERE." i rubbed my temples frustrated. i hired these fucking fools to do a simple ass job, to shoot zay and they wanna tell me they missed.

"you told us to leave the one with the brown hair alone, but when we tried to get the tall one she instantly covered the brown hair girl. we couldn't get her without hurting the smaller girl."

"you could've. y'all aren't skilled enough. i'll handle it."
"wait are we gonna get paid still?"
"PAID FOR W- paid for what? you didn't do your job. get out my phone." i hung up frustrated. azaria was done for. 

wc: 973
*i didnt edit*
lol what if in the last chapter this is all a dream in lola's head lol
i'm running out of ideas if y'all have any lmk
be easy y'all💙