I Will Go Down With This Ship

No matter where I ran, I couldnt find Gregory, and I couldn't get Scarlett and her horridness out of my brain. What was she thinking? Was she insane?

People all around were now in life jackets, still calm. How did they not panic knowing this was all happening?

"Miss! Here! Take a jacket!" An admiral was throwing me a jacket. I cought it and ran into the dining hall. I remembered him saying something about going to the HeadQuarters. That's where I needed to go.

I climbed all the stairs and tried to get there as fast as I could. As soon as I was next to the window, I saw him through it, looking nervous and deep in thought. I knocked on the door, getting everyone's attention. Gregory's eyes widened and he ran out to me.

"Why are you not in a lifeboat, Ruby?" he asked, sounding irritated. He grabbed the jacket from my hands and tried to put it on me.

I struggled from it and pulled him into a hug. "Not without you," I said.

"I'm fine, Ruby. I swear. Everything is okay. Go to Scarlett." He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my head before pulling away from me.

"No, I can't. She betrayed me."

"I don't care if she killed your pet mouse. Go find her. If something happens to Nicholas or me, I want you with her."

I looked through the window to see Nicholas standing there looking at a monitor. Scarlett would be crushed if something happened to him. I looked back at Gregory with worry.

"But nothing will happen, do you understand me? Nothing at all. We will all be fine and I will meet you at the dock in New York, alright?" His bright eyes were promising, but I wasn't sure if I was gullible or in love. I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you, Gregory."

I could feel tears in my eyes by now and I even saw a few in his.

"I love you, Ruby," he said, before leaning in for one more kiss. "Now go on. Go find Scarlett."

I ran down the stairs back to the main deck when all of a sudden the boat started rumbling. Water was already flooding the deck, but now the boat was actually lifting one half of itself into the air. I grabbed onto a railing as the boat began to rise.

I searched for Scarlett everywhere as I rose higher and higher, praying that she wasn't in the other half of the boat.

I finally spotted her, thankfully. She was a couple twenty people down from me, holding onto the railing, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Scarlett!" I yelled to her. It was hard to hear from all of the screaming. I yelled her name once more.

She looked up and over at me. "Ruby!" she screamed.

"Hold on, Scar. Just a little longer! Everuthing is going to be okay!"

And at that exact moment, the boat snapped in two, throwing Scarlett across the deck and down to the water.

"No!" I screamed, tears flowing down my face. There were multiple splashes, signaling all the people who had fallen. I gripped the railing harder as there was one last lifeboat about to leave. All of a sudden, the boat smacked down into the water, making a horrible noise that made your ears hurt.

I looked up and saw Gregory standing in front of me. "Go! The last lifeboat is about to leave!" He dragged me over to the edge and began to push me in the boat.

"Come with!" I yelled at him.

"There's no more room, Ruby. Just enough for you."

Suddenly, I realized what was happening. Gregory was going down with the ship. He was saving me so I could go on and keep remembering what happened this night. I then realized that this night was the last thing I ever wanted to remember. I grabbed his hand and used all my strength to pull him into the lifeboat, He fell in as I climbed out, leaving me on the deck.

"Ruby!" he yelled as he became harder and harder to see in the distance.

"Goodbye, Gregory." I said, more to myself, or to the air.

Soon, the water was up to my waist, causing my lower half to be numb. I was soon under water within no time, seeing nothing but darkness, and nothing to remember.

********************

okay, Julia is going to hate me for this chapter for killing off her character, but who knows what will happen next... OH WAIT. I DO. HAHA.

Just one or two more chapters and then this is FINISHED! :D

xoxo. CherryTop