Chapter 46

After a year of teaching in Japan, I decided to move back to the Philippines. Because this is where I really want to push my teaching career.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Local time is 8:00 pm. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the fasten seatbelt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you. On behalf of Philippine Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you onboard again in the near future. Have a nice day" After the announcement, we waited for about 10 minutes before everyone settled and nakababa na kami ng airplane at nakalabas ng airport.

"Sienna!!!" Chantel shouted as soon as we saw each other, buhat buhat niya si Baby Bunny habang nakatayo sa tabi niya si Kace.

Also, the reason why I choose to go back is that some of my friends are getting married...

Sunod-sunod na sila kaya umuwi na ako pero wala akong malagpasang moment...

"Oh my gosh, you look so fresh and new na talaga look oh, are you still the Sienna that I know," exaggerated na sambit ni Chantel kaya tumawa ako at nginitian si Kace habang buhat na si Bunny.

"Sira ka ba," in butter and laugh at her before I walk towards Kace and get Bunny from him. "How's Tita's baby Bunny?" I ask that she giggled. "Let me put all the things on the car first," Kace said and grab all my things.

Sumunod kami ni Chantel sa kanya habang nilalaro ko si Bunny, parang nawala pagod ko sa byahe dahil nakita ko na si Bunny.

"By the way did you already know?" napalingon ako kay Chantel ng sumeryoso ang boses niya. "Ang alin?" tanong ko at tumigil sa tapan ng sasakyan nila.

"About your ex's new girlfriend in Florida?" agad tumibok ng mabilis ang aking puso ng marinig ang salitang Ex.

It's him, she's talking about...

And yes I know it, "Oo naman alam ko na balita na sa akin ni Cad," sagot ko bago siya nginitian at binuksan ang pinto para sumakay sa sasakyan.

Sumunod siya at hinarap ako, sabay hawak ng aking kamay, "What do you feel about it?" she asks and looks so worried.

"I'm happy," I answered and smiled at her, and pinch Bunny's chubby cheeks. "Happy?" she asks.

I nodded at her and, "Yes, I'm happy for him I guess," walang kasiguradohan kong sagot, dahil ako mismo hindi ko alam ang nararamdaman ko.

"Duh, you didn't have proper breakup kaya!! So it's not counted" she said as Kace enter the car and started the engine.

"I'm fine ok, I'm happy for him and for myself... and for now I want to focus on myself first," I said that made her pout, and just nodded.

"If that's what you've say so hmf," Chantel said and move to the passenger seat, nakita ko kung paano agad inabot ni Kace ang kamay ni Chantel at hinawakan ito habang nagdadrive.

Umiling-iling na lang ako at nakipaglaro kay Bunny... so this is what thirdwill feels like...

"It's Lonely," I whisper.

***

"Ok class this will be your new teacher, meet teacher Ashiena Minami or you can call her Teacher Sienna, say hi to her," Miss Yalena said as she introduced me to the kids.