Chapter 6

"Tadaima (I'm home)" I said as I enter our house, naabutan ko si Mama na nagbabasa ng mga papers sa tinatayo niyang business dito sa manila. She's planning to make her own business kahit na sinusuportahan ni Papa ang mga pangangailangan naming dito.

Mama still have her ego, sakin niya lang pinapagamit ang pinapadala ni Papa at sa mga panagnagilangan ko lang sa school pero never niya itong ginamit sa pansarili niya. I don't really know the deep reason why they end up like this but all I know is Mama wants to be away from Papa because Papa never have tome for her.

"Nandyan ka na pala Sienna, I already put the dress you choose last night in your bedroom check it out now and by the way don't forget to call your brother after checking the dress ok," she said.

"Hai (Yes)" Agad akong tumakbo sa kwarto at binitawan ang bag ko para tignan ang dress na susuotin ko sa party.

I pull out the dress from the big box and run to the human size mirror in my room. Mabilis kong hinubad ang aking uniform at sinukat ang dress.

It fits very well..!

It was a stunning old rose knee-length cocktail dress with a see-through sleeve. This looks so calm and radiant. Parang habang suot ko ito ay napakakalmado lang ng kulay at ang ganda sa paningin.

I bite my lower lip to control my smile, what will be Gun's reaction when he sees me wearing this?

Pagkatapos kong sukatin ang dress binalik ko ito ng maayos sa kahon at umupo sa kama, I grab my phone and the other one two.

Yes, I'm still using the phone that Quenn give me, hoping that one day she'll call me here. Simula ng pumunta sila ng France wala na akong naging balita sa kanya at ganon din si Mama kay Tita Jiselle.

I miss Quenn.

I wag my head and remember that I should call my brother now, I dial his number and start calling him, it took me forever bago niya sinagot.

"Who the fuck---" I cut him, "It's me, Sienna."

"Oh yeah, Papa wants to talk to you wait a sec," bored na sambit nito mula sa kabilang linya. "And by the way I buy you a lot of mochi ball here, will send this tomorrow," he said while I can hear his footstep from the other line.

"Arigato (Thanks)" I said, mochi balls are my favorite and my brother never forgets that every month he will send me a box of it here in the Philippines.

"No prob," he said, "Papa," he handed the phone to Papa and we talk a lot about my school and how he misses us.

It took me till 9 pm bago kami natapos magkausap ni Papa kaya paglabas ko ng kwarto naghahanda na ng pagkain si Mama sa lamesa. "Anong sinabi ng Papa mo?" tanong niya sa akin.

"He said he miss us" nakita kong natigilan saglit si Mama dahil sa kanyang narinig pero agad din siyang umuwas at nagsalita. "Hindi ako ang namimiss niya baka ang pera niya" Mama bitterly said, umiling-iling na lamang ako at umupo.

I can still sense the love from both of my parents but they are just too blind about it.

We just ate silently that time and after eating I already sleep, because sleeping late at night wasn't really my thing, I prepare to sleep before the clock hits 10:30 pm. So I can wake up early tomorrow.

And just like I was saying, I wake up at 5:00 am in the morning to prepare breakfast for Mama and clean the house. Dahil ito lang yong time and chance ko para mabawasan man lang ang trabaho ni Mama dito sa bahay, I want to help and let her rest for a bit.

After preparing breakfast and cleaning, I will just usually watch videos on YouTube and I always want to watch how kids learn ABCD and some funny moments of kids. Because I have this very big spot for kids, I love kids.

While watching Gun message pop up on my screen, it says.

From Gun,

I'll fetch you later ok see you.

Napangiti ako ng maalala na mamaya na pala ang accountance party sa school. And I can't wait to see what's Gun's reaction to my dress later.

Mama wakes up at 7 am in morning and we ate breakfast and I help her with her papers after and I volunteer to cook our lunch for the day. And I just cook a Japanese curry and it was my Papa's favorite. We ate and go back to our different agendas.

When the clocks stop at 3 pm in the afternoon agad akong naligo at nagsimula nang mag-ayos ng sarili. "Mama!!" I call her up, to help me fix and straighten my hair properly.

I just choose to let my hair down and straighten it, so I can just look simple as possible. Mama also help me put some makeup on my face and fix my dress because I'm too thin for it so she needs to adjust the side of it.

"All done," Mama said and let me face the mirror. My lips parted as I see myself. I'm wearing this old rose dress with a pair of simple silver earrings and a necklace. My long hair looks so straight and cleaned with a small pearl hairpin on the right side.

"Thank you, Mama," I said and smile at her, kasabay non ay ang pagtunog ng doorbell ng bahay. He's here.

"Sige na nandyan na ang partner mo, lumabas ka na magenjoy ka ah at mag-ingat sa mag iniinom ok" bilin ni Mama bago iabot sa aking ang purse ko at hiantid ako hanggang pinto.

When the door opens a handsome Gun showed up and quickly do the mano po to my Mama and greet her. "Good afternoon po, Tita Zhi," he said but his eyes were locked on mine.

"Goodafternoon din Gun, sige na ikaw na ang bahala sa anak ko ah," Mama said and push me gently out of the door and smile at us as she closes it.

Pagtingin ko kay Gun ay nanatili lang siyang nakatitig sa akin habang nakangiti, "Hey, are you ok?" I ask and wave in front of his eyes.

Tumayo siya ng maayos at nginitian ako lalo, "You look so beautiful as always but right now you're shining like a star in my eyes" he said and handed me a red rose.

"Thank you" I suddenly feel so shy around him, "Let's go beautiful," he said and offer me his arms as we go to his service car and went to the school.

Pagpasok namin sa venue ng party dito sa school, agad kaming pinagtitinginan ng mga tao at kinuhanan kami ng mga litrato.

"They are all looking at you because you are the loveliest tonight" Gun whisper in my ears, but my eyes spot the most beautiful lady I know Chantel, there she is so lovely and looks like a goddess.

"I'm not lovely and pretty, they are looking at you" I whisper back.

"Ang ganda niya, bagay sila ni Gun sila na ba?" nakarinig kami ng malinaw na bulungan ng mag babae sa gilid habang kami ay naglalakad papunta kila Chantel.

"Believe me when I told you that you're the loveliest because I mean it, you look like the woman I'm gonna marry in the future," he teases me again with those future thingies.

But I buy it and smile at him.

"I believe you."