🦡 Chapter Nineteen 🦡

Depuis le début

By the time we hang up, I was caught up with all her drama and Marini's too and was feeling less homesick. My sisters were my life, we had been through so much together and I loved them to death. I was happy that they were both happy. I never thought I'd see the day where Marini started dating again seeing as she was so against marriage after her first failed relationship. As long as she was happy then I would be happy to see her. I decided to call Isaac and give him the protective sister talk seeing as Amani was too sweet to say anything.

He picked up almost immediately. Isaac was a nice guy, he was the perfect gentleman, responsible and kind. He would be good for my sister.

"Shouldn't you be washing elephants or helping deer cross the road."He teased immediately he picked up.

"Think you're funny don't you. What's this I hear about you dating my sister?" I asked getting straight to the point.

I really didn't need to get all up in his business concerning Marini but he had to know that my sister wasn't alone. If he hurt her, I wouldn't care that he was a veteran. I would chop him up and feed his corpse to the lions.

"I had been wondering when I'd get your call. I didn't know I needed your permission to date Marini."He replied sounding very smug.

"Isaac I'm not messing around. This is my sister we're talking about."I scolded getting serious for a minute.

"I know tiger I know. I'm not doing this for the fun of it. I'm serious about your sister and if you were a guy I'd even go as far as asking for her hand in marriage."He confessed in matching my tone.

"You're not kidding are you?"I asked wanting to be sure that he was all in.

"I never joke about my feelings. I adore and treasure your sister and I would never do anything to hurt her."He replied making me smile.

"Good and remember I know a pride of lions somewhere who obey my every command."I threatened with a hint of a smile in my voice.

"I don't doubt it."He replied chuckling.

"Okay good."

"So we'll see you at the wedding?"He asked taking me by surprise.

"Wait there's gonna be a wedding?"

"Of course. Amani and Jeremy are about to help me pick out the ring."He confirmed and I found myself grinning.

"You're serious about this?"

"Yeah so expect an invitation soon. Just don't tell your sister about the whole ring thing. It's going to be a surprise." He requested and I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me.

"Moving fast are we?"I asked getting skeptical for a second.

It was my sisters future on the line so I had to make sure he meant what he said. I knew Isaac was genuine but my sister was one of the most powerful and influential women in Kenya. I needed to know that he was marrying her for love and not for her money.

"Why wait? Marini is the only one I want and will ever want. I don't want to give her the option of choosing someone else."He admitted with a conviction that only a man in love would have.

"Good for you. Just take care of her please."I requested getting vulnerable for a moment. I didn't want my sister to get hurt.

"I promise. Bye tiger. Don't forget to water your zebras and feed the vultures."He teased making me groan.

"Piss off."I replied and hang up.

Looks like my sister was getting hitched. I thought that Amani would be the first of us to get married seeing as she was the sappiest of us all who believed in love and happily ever after. Looks like all that Marini needed was to find the right man who broke all those walls she built around herself. Maybe I'd go next if destiny allowed. At the rate at which everything was happening between James and I it didn't seem likely. I knew it would happen though, I felt it deep in my bones. James and I were meant to be and our time would come no matter how long it took.