Chapter 1: Finis Temporis V2

Start from the beginning

"No sir! Only commercial and our aircraft are on radar, but we cannot monitor anything past this area. The radars are online but we are not getting any bounce back, not even interference from outside the continent from other scanners." The technician replied as he tried getting a call to radar sites of the West coast.

"What in the world..."

"Sir, we got footage from Rome AFB, New York, you have to watch this...." Jackson tried informing the General while keeping his composure.

"Put it on the main monitor!" The General ordered.

On the main monitor screen in the operation room, footage from Rome, New York and McChord Field AFB, Washington, was displayed. On it, cameras pointed towards the ocean, displaying a massive wall of light, enough to light up the coastal regions.

"My God! Since how long has this.... abnormalities been happening?"

"Nine minutes ago sir." Jackson replied.

"Get me Pentagon right now. And get the FAA to ground all civilian flights before the airspace!" The General ordered.

As the General waited on the phone for anyone at the Pentagon to pick up, the "Wall of light" disappeared, allowing radars and scanners to detect outside the continent, even detecting NORAD systems from Alaska. However, previous chatter detected from civilian and other radar systems no longer interfered with the detection systems, and even American assets outside of the continent seem to have vanished into thin air.

---[+]---

At 2:07 PM IST,

11.7401° N, 92.6586° E,

Somewhere in the Indian Ocean,

2:07 PM IST, 25th March, 2025.

A mighty armada of 36 naval ships cruised along their pre-planned path. The combined power and amphibious landing ability of these ships from three navies, were perhaps even capable of invading a small nation.The fleet consisted of ships from the United States Navy, the Indian Navy and the Royal Australian Navy.

The American fleet comprised a Marine Amphibious fleet represented by the USS Boxer (LHD-4), the USS Bataan (LHD-5) and the USS Tripoli (LHA-7). They were escorted by the Gerald Ford Carrier Strike group, composed of the aircraft carrier USS Gerald Ford, five Ticodenga-Class Cruisers, nine Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyers, along with three Los Angeles-Class and one Seawolf-Class Nuclear Attack Submarines, making this perhaps one of the largest peacetime naval strike group with 23 vessels.

The Indian Fleet was dwarfed by the American fleet. It was made up of a Carrier Strike group headed by the STOBAR aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, and escorted by two Delhi-class and one Kolkata-Class Destroyers, two Shivalik-Class and one Talwar-Class Frigates, one Akula III Nuclear Attack Submarine and two conventional attack submarines, totalling 10 naval vessels.

Finally, the Australian fleet, was very small compared to the American and Indian fleets, consisting of one Destroyer squadron: two Anzae-class and one Hobart-class Destroyers.

This Combined Fleet, consisting of 36 ships, were cruising their way back to Kochi after conducting drills at the Andaman sea when the "Wall of Light" incident occurred, which also engulfed India in it.

---[-]---

On board the USS Gerald Ford, Operation Room.

Alarms wailed inside as the crew took action stations. This could be seen taking place in every ship, with crews donning flash gear as they tookposition.

"All hands to battle stations." A voice announced through the ship's intercom.

"Helm, fleet ahead slow," the commander of the carrier ordered as he looked at the wall of light.