I could feel his gaze remaining on the side of my face; warmth rose to my cheeks. I didn't look at him. It appeared that I would never quite be able to stop feeling flustered under his piercing gaze.

"Here goes nothing," I mumbled quietly. A smile broke loose on my face as I spotted my parents. As soon as I raised a hand to wave them over, Draco's body tensed.

Mum's eyes lit up as soon as they landed on mine. With her hand in my father's, the two came rushing over.

I was pulled into a crushing hug as Althea's arm wrapped tightly around me. "Goodness, it's so good to see you." Beaming a smile, she pulled away to take a good look at my face. She ran a hand through my hair. "How is it that every time I see you, you've grown so much."

"That's what people do, mum." I smiled sheepishly. My face was on fire. "They grow."

"I know," she sighed softly. Her eyes were growing glossy. "But you'll always be my baby."

I laughed breathily before my eyes flickered onto my dad. Nicolas had a soft smile playing on his lips. "Hey, old man."

Laughing, he pulled me into a hug. "Oh, Ellie. How are you, darling?"

"I'm good." I pulled away from Nicolas and turned my focus to Draco who was blinking rapidly. He looked terribly pained, his face flushed. "Mum, dad, this is Draco."

Draco cleared his throat, awkwardly taking a step forward. He outstretched his hand towards Nicolas. "Hello, sir. I'm Draco Malfoy. It's very nice to meet you-officially, I mean."

Nodding curtly, Nicolas shook Draco's hand. I knew my father well enough to see how desperately he was fighting an impressed smile. "Good to meet you as well, son. Much better circumstances than last time, I reckon."

Draco's breath hitched.

Blinking frantically, Draco turned to Althea. "Ma'am. Thank you for allowing me to spend the holidays with your family. It's a pleasure to be here."

I was gaping.

A modest smile, humility in his blood; seeing Draco appear this polite was taking my mind for a whirl. He looks like a deity; a balance of his charm and grace. Here I am, blushing madly as Draco Malfoy meets my parents-something I once never would have imagined happening.

You would never imagine Draco was nearly trembling with nervous jitters just moments ago for now he spoke with such ease, a confidence in his tone. Formality came effortlessly to him.

Althea's eyebrows raised. "Oh, nonsense. Call me Althea, please." She waved her hand dismissively before pulling Draco into a hug. My jaw was hanging open. "Lovely to finally meet you, Draco. It is our pleasure to have you here."

This is such an unfathomable sight.

Draco's arms hung at his sides; frozen in my mother's embrace with his body rigid. His eyes were wide as saucers as the gesture took him by surprise.

"Let's get going, shall we?" My father grabbed my bags as he started leading the way.

Draco and I fell back, walking a few feet behind my parents.

I turned to look at him, eyebrows raised. "Not too bad?"

Draco's eyes were still wide. "I-well-"

I took his hand in mine, halting us to a stop. "What? They haven't already scared you off, have they?"

Draco turned his body towards mine. He looked like a deer caught in headlights. "Lys-he-your dad-"

"Oh, he's not that bad, I promise." I exhaled sharply, frowning. My expression grew weary. I really did not want my family to have Draco running for the hills. More than that, I didn't want Draco to regret coming here, to begin with. "He just-he puts on an intimidating front but-the man wouldn't even hurt a fly."