chapter 59

AT LAST

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

AT LAST

I knocked on Draco's room door rapidly, my entire body shaking-but this time, it wasn't because of my trauma but rather my giddy nerves. I was elated.

It felt like that massive, long-awaited moment at the end of the cliche muggle movies-as the love interest runs across the entire airport to catch the protagonist before they get on their flight to finally have their grand moment.

Perhaps that is exactly what this was.

I could hardly see straight from the whirlwind of thoughts in my mind-for once, happy thoughts, excited thoughts. I didn't know what it was I was anticipating, what it was I wanted to say or do. I just knew I needed to see him.

It was like stepping into the sun after living in a lifetime of darkness.

The world filled with light again. The flowers bloomed. The sun finally came out from behind the clouds. The air felt fresher. The grass was greener. The butterflies no longer had broken wings. It was entirely bizarre and an utterly heartwarming, breathtaking feeling- like I could finally breathe again, after so long that I hadn't even realized I was holding my breath to begin with.

"Calm down! Merlin, who's getting fucking mauled by a-" Draco pulled the door open. First, he was hectic as he responded to my frantic knocking. Then, he saw the beaming smile on my face and his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"Draco," I exhaled.

"Elysia..." he cocked his head to the side, peering at me with both concern and suspicion. "What's going on? Are you-okay? Why do you look like that?"

I laughed wholeheartedly in a way that warmed my entire being. "Look like what?"

He narrowed his eyes down on me. "Like-a madwoman. Why are you smiling that?"

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling so manically. "Shut up. Am I not allowed to smile?"

Draco leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest.

He looks like heaven. I could drool.

"Of course you're allowed to smile," he squinted his eyes thoughtfully. "It's just suspicious."

My chest and stomach both swirled with fluttering butterflies. I couldn't remember the last time I felt this giddy. "I'm just-I don't know. Maybe I'm just happy to see you, Draco."

A laugh bubble from his mouth. "Well fuck, I know I'm quite God-like but you're flattering me, Elysia." He paused, considering. "It hasn't been so long since you last saw me. Why are you so happy?"

I rolled my eyes at both his ego and suspicion. "Well-"

The grand movie moment.

Instead of explaining, I took a step towards Draco, closing the space between us.